Big Bad World is a meta-game that we created for Big Bad Con 2016. To play, attendees select from the basic playbooks (Ambassador, Explorer, Mage, Rogue, Alchemist, or Tracker) and slide the playbooks behind their badge. On the front of the playbooks are our principles of play:
• Think about the well-being of those around you.
• Address yourself to the other attendees.
• Make room for others at the table.
• Shine the spotlight on your fellow players.
• Learn everyone’s name, let them be human.
On the back are each playbooks moves which are all in the format of:
Mark XP when you…
…introduce someone to a group of people.
…play a game you’ve never played before.
…pull up a chair for someone at your table.
After the players have marked their fifth XP, they can turn in their playbook, get a shiny pin showing the playbook was completed, and get a new playbook! Once all basic playbooks are completed, our attendees can move onto the Advanced Playbooks, Wolf and Little Red.
Find this game at Big Bad World.