barf forth apocalyptica > Apocalypse World

Introducing: the Scrapper

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jeff Russell:
Oh yeah, also, a couple concerns I had, since I haven't had a chance to playtest this guy yet (and probably won't for a while):

* Overall, is the "power level" (whatever that means for AW) consistent with the canon playbooks?
* How's the special move? I think it might be too much suck for the Scrapper and discourage him from ever doing it. I thought about "+1 ongoing until he does the thing or abandons trying to do it" but thought that might be too much.
* How are the moves? Are they cool enough?

Bret:
Stats look good.

I think the special is great, personally.

The Scavenge move will be great on a miss. You can totally get into some shit with bandits or critters or environmental hazards.

Jerry-rigged is really cool.

For 'I think I saw that somewhere' on a miss I'd also say, "You remember where you saw it and it was somewhere you said you'd never go back to." Or you sold it to Rolfball. ;)

I don't know why but I really want my scrapper to have a donkey.

Jeff Russell:
Hah! I was *this* close to trying to come up with some rules for pack animals or something, but decided to keep it simple.

I really like that suggestion for the miss on "I think I saw that somewhere".

I can't take any credit for the scavenge move, that is straight copy and pasted from Mr. John Harper, and it's golden.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

elly:
How about something similar to the operator move "Eye on the door", like

Close to the land: when you get the fuck out of someone's or something's way before they see you, roll+sharp. On a hit, you're hidden, and they're right on top of you, if you move they'll catch you. On a 10+, you discover something neat--an unknown fact, a hidden trail, whatever, the MC will tell you. On a miss, you're caught vulnerable, half in and half out.

Kinda plays with the exploratory aspect of the playbook, I think.

Bret:
I'm trying to think of moves that would make the Scrapper really hot shit, and the only other thing I could think of is something where they can basically go into no-man's-land. They're the people who know the exact right places to step when walking through the Bonemelt Marsh, how to go into a cave full of fangbirds without getting ripped to shreds, etc. Which is more importantly places that are safe for them and deadly for other people. That thing you see all the time in movies where they're getting chased by bad guys so go into the Deathmurder Zone, and the bad guys either try to chase them and die terribly, or back off and shout, "This isn't the end! Curse you and your donkey!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version