Session 1 advice

• 16 Replies
Re: Session 1 advice
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »
 had a really interesting, for me anyway, moment after last night's game - I felt jumpy, jittery, and a little bit terrified of what happened in Apocalypse World. In short, 'pragmatism' is scary, very scary. (But also pretty damn fun to experience, vicariously). It sucks that people in our world have to make those choices on a daily basis, for better or worse. It's crazy how unsettling (yet exciting) it is to not have control over the narrative anymore.

I basically asked a million questions and when they failed their moves, had bad things happen. They provided the movement and I had the pleasure of being part of it.

My 1 sentence Recap:

A beautiful day ends badly (for some).

Ebok

Re: Session 1 advice
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »
I like it when my players ask me me leading questions about NPCs :x

It allows a good balance if they can go with the flow, so can you.

Ebok, do you make this known up front for your players?

I found out when they did. When one of them asked me a leading question. There was a dramatic pause, and I just smiled and went with it. Great moment. Not all players are as comfortable with that. Generally, no I wouldnt tell them this up front, let everyone get into a groove and you can bring it up later if they ask. Of course, just maybe it could be best just to wait until they Do it.