Daredevil move....

• 2 Replies
Daredevil move....
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:09:54 AM »
So, what would not "hedging your bets" entail...? Does coming up with an overall attack plan before a battle count as "hedging your bet" to negate the bonus?

lumpley

Re: Daredevil move....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »
An excellent question!

I think about it in reverse. It's not about what they've done in the past, it's what they're about to do. If they roll the move, then whatever comes next, they've fully committed and they aren't allowed to back out, hold back, or play it safe.

So planning is fine. Rolling Daredevil means committing to the plan, even if it all goes south.

-Vincent

Munin

Re: Daredevil move....
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
In my current game, the Driver usually invokes this by completely foregoing any opportunity to "read a stich." His usual MO is to go charging in with as little advance intel as possible, usually with hilarious results. In his view, "Taking stock is for suckers. Surprise, speed, and violence of action will carry the day. Trust me on this."

This move is the veritable definition of a silver platter for the MC. Yeah, the extra armor makes him more survivable, but just because you survive doesn't mean things didn't go disastrously wrong in the process. It's comedy gold.