Arvid's Playbook Foci

• 10 Replies
Arvid's Playbook Foci
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:58:32 PM »
Is there any chance Arvid is going to make an updated and consolidated run at a collection of Playbook Foci for the release of 2e? Not that that much has changed, but I'd be interested in seeing his/her great insights with a couple of years more play under their belt.

The first set were absolutely amazing, and if (s)he were inclined to update them and throw them in a PDF... dear god of the wastes, I'd DriveThru that motherfucker in a heartbeat.

Arvid

Re: Arvid's Playbook Foci
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:58:04 AM »
Hullo!

Thank you for your kind post! I haven't really been playing RPGs for 2+ years, by pure chance I just now happened to wander into Barf Forth to check what's going on and saw your post.

I'd love to collect foci in a pdf for you. I don't have the time or skills to make them super pretty though (anyone?) and I don't have much new experience to add to them, but perhaps we could add some comments from other community members?

Arvid

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03:51 AM »
Maybe I still have it in me to write the Faceless and Maestro D' foci?

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
Maybe I still have it in me to write the Faceless and Maestro D' foci?

It would be pretty great if you did. Especially now that the Operator is gone, which seemed like a really difficult playbook to grok for everyone.

I'd happily offer help turning it into a final, pretty product, but... that's actually not an expertise that I have. I could probably help turn it into *something*.

Spwack

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »
Seconded! Just wanted to say that your writing style is really really effective in getting across some pretty tricksy ideas. Especially the questions to ask each character, it really ties everything together and just makes it click. Demonstrating how each playbook interacts with the others, and Apocalypse World in general has definitely provoked me to think more deeply about my MC style and the game itself. Looking forward to anything new that you write, and would definitely be interested in a pdf copy, rather than having all these bookmarks lying around.

Arvid

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »
Man,

It's just so gratifying to read this, thank you!

I have to get my group together again, play some and get into the frame of mind again. It will definitely happen though.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »
I'm gonna cast my vote on a Yes please . I'm just looking to start my first AW game and I will be MC. Your focus on the playbooks has been really inspiration to read through .

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:42:42 AM »
Yeah, the Playbook Focus threads are awesome.

A compilation/update (a Move or two in most playbooks have been changed and those changes are worth noting, plus the Driver is completely different now...all pretty easy changes to make except maybe Driver), and the addition of the Maestro'D and Faceless would be even more awesome.

Arvid

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:05 AM »
We'll set up a game once the printed 2nd edition rolls around. Maestro D' and Faceless and one or two surprises will feature!

Arvid

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 04:16:42 AM »
Happy to announce that we kicked this game off this weekend! And we got The News in play. Really satisfied with how it is working out.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »
That's excellent news!

Combining the Playbook foci with something like the Threat Focus thread by Thanqol would make an amazing supplement or resource for Apocalypse World.

http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=7479.0