Items of historical significance and of magical potency

• 18 Replies

Rafu

Re: Items of historical significance and of magical potency
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 08:01:25 AM »
As an item from another world, I introduced an atlas map of Mars, of Martian make. I intended it as a hint or reminder that other planets are available for visiting and having adventures on, but the players' first thought was to just sell the map to a collector for more treasure, and he immediately acted on it.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
That sounds exciting! (But hopefully not an *entirely* missed opportunity... I'd seriously consider some "strings attached" in this instance, if it makes sense with the rest of your world-building.)

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 01:35:05 PM »
(Also, I can't answer your questions regarding the Grimoire, but I think your use of "doses" when it comes to a potion is a very clever solution, and could work for all kinds of limited magic.)

Rafu

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 06:30:10 PM »
That sounds exciting! (But hopefully not an *entirely* missed opportunity... I'd seriously consider some "strings attached" in this instance, if it makes sense with the rest of your world-building.)
Well, it was an opportunity to arrange a second meeting with a certain interesting NPC who, off the top of my head, made sense as one of the possible buyers for such a rarity. There might be a number of potential side-effects to this meaning, but I don't want to plan too much in advance.