2nd Edition Kickstarter

• 151 Replies
Re: 2nd Edition Kickstarter
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »
So I wanna start this off by saying I'm not talking as a backer, just looking at the playbook previews on the site. I can't see the corebook as a whole until I can get it for money.

But the first thing I wanted to mention is that the Driver advances look off in the preview copy I saw. Offers a +1 cool advance, to a maximum of +2, when the Driver starts out as cool +2. Looks like that one's supposed to be the spot for sharp.

The second is that the Battlebabe's Ice Cold move doesn't let you use it on battle moves like in the kickstarter preview, just on go aggro like back in first edition. Was there an interesting behind-the-scenes process to the change? Or was it just something that was tried and didn't work?

The version of the Driver in the final full preview document has that error fixed- there's only one +1 Cool advance, to a maximum of +3.

I can't speak directly for the Ice Cold change, but I suspect it's related to the intent to have ways in which the Battlebabe gets 'brittle' in situations of serious violence- bring back their 'weakness' in some situations relative to the Gunlugger.  Whether that's the reasoning or not, I can't say for sure, but that's how I'd bet.

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2016, 11:47:45 PM »
Which are the two versions of the document you're talking about?

I don't see that in the playbooks on the Kickstarter page.

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2016, 01:50:26 AM »
There's the playbook preview on the kickstarter page, the newer playbook preview on the homepage of the site (you need to sign on with e-mail), and the final preview available to backers.

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Love the Crossbows!

Am I far too late to suggest a Bow (2-harm close slow) as a graceful weapon for a Skinner so we can have some Katniss / Mad Max 2 action?

lumpley

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
Too late, sorry! Also, I will never, ever forgive Inara's laser bow in Serenity, as long as I live.

-Vincent

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
Just downloaded the PDF from both places. On my PC, everything loads fine. On my iPad, the PDF loads very slow. This is concerning as I use my iPad for almost all of my PDF reading. The first few pages seem to load much like the first edition PDF and all of my other PDFs, but after the image on page 10, The Basics. After that, the loading takes far too long to load to be usable (up to 30 seconds). I know my iPad isn't the newest one, but I've had very few issues with PDFs taking this long to load since I had an iPad 2. I'm just wondering if there's a reason why it would be taking longer than any other PDF I own, including Apocalypse World 1st Ed or if there's a fix for it requiring so much memory.

lumpley

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
Sorry about that! After I get the files to the printers, my next priority is a web- and reader-optimized file for you all.

-Vincent

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2016, 04:46:15 AM »
also i found out in the pdf an error in the page count.
we havent page 135 (there is a jump between 134 and 136)

« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2016, 05:23:29 PM »
also i found out in the pdf an error in the page count.
we havent page 135 (there is a jump between 134 and 136)
There are a number of missing pages. For the print book, they will be blank pages in between chapters (so each new chapter starts on a right-hand page) but I believe they have been removed from the PDF for convenience.

« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
ah ok thanks !

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2016, 02:28:38 AM »
Sorry about that! After I get the files to the printers, my next priority is a web- and reader-optimized file for you all.

-Vincent
Please add at least one more permitted download to the Payhip version when you do that :)

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
I hate to point this out now, but I just noticed a typo on the back cover of my print book.

Drivers search and scavenge, looking for that opportunity, that one perfect chance. Skillers and the maestro d' remember beauty, or invent beauty anew, ....

lumpley

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
Yep.

-Vincent

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
One quick question: when are we supposed to receive the softcover in Europe ?

Thx.

lumpley

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »
Soon! I'll announce that we've begun EU shipping as soon as I can.

-Vincent