Contents to come

• 4 Replies
Contents to come
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:19:47 AM »
I was just wondering with these to contents to come.

Hand to Mouth in the City of Nephthys
Through the Jasminite Gates
Banners of War
City-states of Venus
The Grimoire: the Work of Wizardry
A Wizard’s Seclusium in All its Phases
Enterprises Criminal & Mercantile

What are they adding to the game? I read on another post that they added more character sheets.
Is it things like more experience bubbles, moves and character development?
I'm trying to wrap my head around how the game is going to function in a broader sense.

lumpley

Re: Contents to come
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
More experience bubbles, new moves, stats and so on, yeah.

For instance, "Banners of War" will add a character sheet for the mercenary company you lead. It'll have experience bubbles for things like "we won a battle," "we lost a battle," "we seized and occupied a prince[ss]'s palace," "we were routed and scattered," and so on. It'll have stats for your company and moves for recruiting warriors, finding battles to fight, and negotiating their outcomes.

You can think of them as leveling up.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
I'm thinking it's a bit like picking a playbook in AW: If I want to lead a gang, I take Chopper. If I want to lead a war-band, I form it, then pick up the Banners of War - except here I do it during play.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
Vincent,

The document also says there are 14 skills, but lists only 10. Will those be coming, or is that a typo?

I very much like the idea of unlocking a new section of the rules or a new domain for play by advancing to a new role/position in the fiction. Feels better than in AW, where it could sometimes happen the other way around.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:57:11 PM »
This question on skills was never answered. Are there more in the supplemental material?