Just discovered MotW-Hunter Classes Questions

• 3 Replies
Just discovered MotW-Hunter Classes Questions
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »
This system looks like a lot of fun, and my son and I will be giving it a try in the near future.    I do have one question about Hunters. 

Are the "official" hunters only the 12 that come in the revised game, or do the 6 from generic (snoop, hard case, meddling kid, etc.) count as official as well? 

I'm guessing any of the others (Big Game Hunter, Luchadore for example) are considered fan-made?  Not that this bad, mind you.  I'm just curious as to their classification.  If a playbook doesn't say for MotW Revised, then it will take some adapting to make it worth with the updated system, correct?

Thank you!

Re: Just discovered MotW-Hunter Classes Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
So nobody can answer this seemingly simple question?

Making me rethink buying into the game. 

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »

1) I didn't respond because I didn't think you wanted me to.  It sounded like you wanted an "official" answer, meaning there's no point in posting if I wasn't that one guy you were interested in hearing from.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding.

2) These forums don't seem to see much activity.  From what I've seen, a couple days without an answer is not uncommon. 

As for your question, I think all the archetypes are considered "official", especially as they are now being sold by Generic Games on a pay-what-you-want basis.  These are simply extra playbooks that you're free to use with the game, and they have been updated to the revised edition.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 03:58:14 AM »
Sorry, hadn't checked in for a while.

The others by me you can get on the genericgames site and/or the reinforcements package on drivethru are all official, yes.

The only change to the hunter playbooks in revised is the experience section, so you can happily use the old ones as long as you remember to ignore what the playbook says about marking experience.

The Luchador is semi-official, in that I've given it out to some purchasers and I worked closely with Reid San Filippo drafting it. Reid's other hunters are great too, so although unofficial they are all worth checking out.