Apocalypse World/ Dungeon World Hacking and other genres, specifically Supers!

• 3 Replies
Hello all:

I'm new here, but have played different RPG's for many years, and have been playing in a Dungeon World game with friends for two weeks now.

We all like DW quite a bit, and I'm thinking hard about buying my own copy soon.  I would like to use this system for other games. 

I love Marvel Heroic Roleplaying (tm) but my players group found it complex/confusing.  I would like to either:

a. use DW's sytem to run a Supers style campaign

or

b. combine the best elements of the DW and MHRP systems into something even more  awesome.

Has someone already done so in some fashion, or could I be pointed in the right direction?

(will be reading more of the system/world background once I'm home from work.)

lumpley

Worlds in Peril looks like it's getting really close to release.

Or make your own! There are room for as many as there can be.

-Vincent

Despite the inaccessibility at the immediate moment until it's final version is published, I think it's worth mentioning that the recently Kickstarted Masks does superheroes and gadgety heroes alongside one another really elegantly. I like that it doesn't have that Dungeon World feel so much, instead it feels much more like an direct child of AW, and a comic book or interesting TV show much more than a crawl/world-building game.

I haven't tried Just Heroes in actual play, but it has some really nifty ideas. And since it is still in development, the pdfs are readily available.