Healing after being in a fight

• 3 Replies
Healing after being in a fight
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »
So I was looking into the Angel moves and it says you can speed someone recovery at 3:00 or 6:00, 4 Days for 3:00 and 1 week for 6:00 but the question I have is how long you should say it takes to heal 3 or 6 without any Angel. Seeing as how the game doesn't say exactly I assume that, like much of AW, you come up with a house rule so I guess the questions is what do you guys usually say it takes?

lumpley

Re: Healing after being in a fight
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »
When I'm the MC, I never mention it again. I wait for the player to ask, and then I decide whether I think it's been long enough.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »
Remember also Vincent’s words on p. 163:

Before 6:00, harm will go away by itself with time. 6:00–9:00, the harm won’t get worse or better by itself. After 9:00, unstabilized harm will get worse by itself, stabilized harm will not, and it’ll get better only with medical treatment.

“With time” and “by itself” are largely up to you as MC, but you should make them asymmetrical: harm should heal slowly, but get worse rapidly. If the character’s up and running around, that should make harm get worse more quickly, but get better more slowly.

and on p. 175:

If there’s no angel

If there’s no player character angel, healing falls entirely to you. Here are your choices, case by case […].

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
Yeah I kinda figured that was how it would be handled although I don't own the PDF and I think some stuff is missing on the site that is why I asked.