Legacy - AW hack now Kickstarting

• 6 Replies
Legacy - AW hack now Kickstarting
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right way to announce things here, but I've got an AW hack I'm currently kickstarting - Legacy: Life Among the ruins. Its big idea is that each player controls two playbooks - one for their character, and one for their family. The character has moves about understanding the ruined technology the apocalypse left behind, striking deals, navigating the wasteland and fighting back aggressors, while the family has moves about sending agents to gather information, forming alliances, and seizing resources for themselves.

Once the group has resolved the initial big conflict created during character creation (or whenever they feel comfortable) time moves ahead by an age - maybe a decade, maybe a generation, maybe a century. Each family changes as the age turns - they may be successful, finding hidden caches of tech or cementing their hold over an area, or they might suffer misfortune, being persecuted, enslaved, or diminished. The group creates new factions, opportunities and dangers for this age, and then each player creates a new character for this age. Old characters leave behind relics that new characters can use to call on the old character's moves, providing continuity from character to character.

If you're interested, give the page a look. I'm running an introductory session on G+ this friday 8-10PM GMT, let me know here or on kickstarter if you're interested!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:23:33 PM by wurzel »

Re: Legacy - AW hack now Kickstarting
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 02:48:29 PM »
I'm planning on running a session online to show how Legacy's setting and character creation works. If you're interested, fill out this poll: https://doodle.com/iu38bcd7z2eysk2e

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »
The kickstarter is in its last week - we're looking likely to fund but could do with any help you're willing to give! If you're interested in an AW hack that does cool things with your character's history, culture and legacy, check it out.?

DWeird

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »
This sounds great! I've missed the actual kickstarter, but it's good to see you made it regardless.

I'll very likely be buying it, so I hope you drop the details here when you're done.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »
Thanks! All I'm waiting for now is the layout and playbook art, so it's very close to being done. I'll post here again when it's out.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:57 AM »
Bumping this thread to say the game's now out: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/151507/Legacy-Life-Among-the-Ruins

I've made many improvements since the beta version - moves are tighter, there's a lot more GMing and hacking advice, production values are way higher and there's generally more stuff to the book. If you're interested in adding faction-scale gameplay and a multi-generation timescale to your post-apocalyptic roleplaying, check it out!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 02:35:56 PM »
Thanks for the spam clear Vincent.

In case anyone is interested Legacy just had a new supplement released that adds multi-generational projects to the game, as well as the ability to play the wasteland's monsters - robot swarms, stranded aliens, raiding fishmen and uplifted animals.

I'm currently working on a revised/2nd edition of the game too - in the few years since it was released a lot of play reports have highlighted things that could work better or places where more explanation of my intentions is needed. If you've played the game and have feedback, get in touch!