Skin Collection

• 8 Replies
Skin Collection
« on: September 30, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
Ive recently got into Monsterhearts with a group of mine and so far we have enjoyed several One-shots to get into the system. To help give them as many options as possible ive been attempting to make a collection of all the Skins i can find, including those not in the usual format. Now i have heard of several i simply can not locate, or perhaps they were limited time skins but was wondering if the community could help me out or point me in the direction to locate them, or help me make a list of the ones currently out there.

I was also to late to get the Second skins made, but am waiting for the new ones to be released to buy which seems to be taking a prolonged time after the one doing them broke his arm.

But to help everyone out and thank you in advance i made a Google Drive folder of the ones ive managed to track down so far.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5WWRUZDpztbc3BlaWpKUlRadk0&usp=sharing

Re: Skin Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:09:25 AM »
Wow, that's an extensive collection. Some I've not ever seen before. To help you in your endeavor  I'll suggest you look at Nerdwerds. http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html this might have something you are looking for.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:52 AM »
Ah yes i found that page some time ago, and added each to that folder. The one missing from that list was the Oni. The R?k?asa? was also in a simple list format.
What i intended on doing eventually for my players was convert them over to the standard format all the others are usually placed in. I had also suggested to my players if they had any from other similar systems i would attempt to convert them over.

I did however find a single image of someone willing to trade skins a while ago with several others of interest. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B47DgdQMaNxiX21IcGlxR2VlQU0/edit
However hes not come online in a considerable time.

The Paladin. Teachers Pet, Lucky, Bully, Elemental and Psychic are the ones i am unable to track down. The Unicorn seems to be a second skin however im considering that 2 versions of that skin may exist.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »

I expect this will be ignored, but I really don't recommend playing the game with 25+ available skins, especially not random skins off the Internet. No offense to the random people of the Internet, but they are not always very good at designing Monsterhearts skins. If there's one or a few non-basic Skins that really seem cool to you, by all means include them, but your players do not really need "as many options as possible" -- they need a set of good options that will work well together.

(Obviously the Second Skins, should you be able to get a hold of them, are considerably more solid. The basic Skins + Second Skins are a ton of options just by themselves, really.)

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
While I agree that not all the fan made skins are stellar. It's still nice to see them collected into an easily accessed database. Both for purposes of inspiration of outright theft of moves for new skins or potential MC moves. But also, to lighten the load of the MC in case one of his players wants to do a specific thing. Yes, 25 skins is a bit excessive, but if you cherry pick it could add to the game.

Personally, I'd rather have to pare down options then have to shoehorn something. Options are always better IMO so long as you maintain common sense and use your judgement.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
My intention was to allow people freedom of choice, however it remains in the hands of the MC if he would limit that to better fit the style of game he wants to play. What inspired me to make this list was the large number of skins on this forum with dead links (Most often Dropbox ones). So in order to ensure certain skins are not lost to the ether i felt it best to make this folder.

I am also currently transforming the draft skins ive found into the usual format. Id like to thank the people who have been so kinda so far to send Skins to be added and would like to try and turn this into a community effort.

So if you have one that you think is not in that folder and want to share, just send me a PM or link it in this forum to further expand the resources people have available.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »

Oh, for sure -- as a resource I think this is great. I just got the (perhaps mistaken) impression that this was intended for a specific upcoming campaign.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 08:16:59 PM »
I see this folder has been locked down. I sent a request through Google Drive (from lexia.jathi) I hope you'll grant the request.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 11:16:41 PM »
Unfortunately following requests from the creator of the second skins and monsterhearts i have had to remove the folder from public viewing for the time being.