Fucking gig and sex moves

• 5 Replies
Fucking gig and sex moves
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Apologies if this question has already been raised, but I haven't been keeping up with this board like I used to. (and a search didn't help me much)

So I was wondering: so characters sex moves kick in if they roll for the fucking gig?  On one hand this seems like a silly question ("Is sex happening?  Of course it does!") but on the other hand it seems like gigs are meant to keep things simple, and maybe having the sex move trigger would over complicate things.

Chris

Re: Fucking gig and sex moves
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »
On the MC. We didn't think about it the first time, because there was no sex on screen. And at first, the fucking wasn't done by the PC, just the crew, like a pimp. But when it was, it hit and the move went off.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
This rose in my mind because I'm playing a Skinner in a PbP game and I realized that if she takes that gig for an advancement sometime, and the sex move kicks in, she can get bonus barter out of it.  Or use one of the other options from her sex move.

But it also seems like Skinners SHOULD have an advantage in the whole "fucking for money" game, so it kind of makes sense.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »
Are sex and fucking supposed to be the same thing?

Chris

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »
Depends on you. For me, sex is a broad category of physically interlocking humans. Fucking is connotationally less emotional. Making love more so. Both are sex, thus both trigger the sex move. Your mileage may vary.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »
Yeah, personally I'm with Chris.  Fucking is sex, sex may or may not be fucking.  Also, sex (as implied by the game's sex moves, anyway) is clearly mutual: I can see that some "fucking" might not be.  However, the GIG fucking seems like it would always entail mutual fucking and thus it would qualify as sex, in my book.