Slave Playbook: Mindshare effectiveness?

• 16 Replies

DannyK

Re: Slave Playbook: Mindshare effectiveness?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
There's lots of different kinds of slavery out there.  It sounds like you're thinking of something like a Janissary, or someone under a magical geas.  And he could mark experience by doing dirty jobs for his master, and use that experience to either buy his freedom or become more effective doing whatever he does.  I'd totally play that, it sounds fun and disturbing both. 

But maybe you should change the name a bit, the word "slave" in the USA tends to refer to our own shameful history and that's really not what you're talking about at all.

Chroma

Re: Slave Playbook: Mindshare effectiveness?
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
There's lots of different kinds of slavery out there.  It sounds like you're thinking of something like a Janissary, or someone under a magical geas. 

But maybe you should change the name a bit, the word "slave" in the USA tends to refer to our own shameful history and that's really not what you're talking about at all.
Sorry to resurrect, but I'm new around here.

If you're going the Janissary or "skilled minion" route, how about "The Bonded" or "The Bound"?

I think this could be a rather interesting playbook.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES