Did some thinking and drafting moves last night, and this is what I came up with. Not quite right yet, but some good ideas and getting closer.Basic Travel Move Attempt #1
When you set a course between the stars, answer the following questions and take +1 on the subsequent roll for each you can confirm:
- Is the path well known?
- Is the path well traveled?
- Is the path well lit?
On a 10+, etc.Basic Travel Move Attempt #2
Basic Travel Move Attempt #3
- When traveling a well-marked path, roll to reach your destination. On a 10+, you make it; on a 7-9, you’re not quite there yet but take +1 forward; on a failure, you’ve strayed off the path and into the unknown.
- When traveling the unknown, roll to find the path. On a 10+, you’ve found a well-marked path; on a 7-9, you’re still in the unknown but take +1 forward; on a failure, you’ve lost your bearings and become completely disoriented.
- When you are lost, roll to recover your bearings. On a 10+, you recover them but must now make your way through unknown stars; on a 7-9, you’re still lost but take +1 forward; on a failure, set this character aside until they are recovered by the other characters.
When you reach out for the stars…
… if you are disoriented or in someplace unknown, roll-1;
… if you are in a known location but are taking a shot in the dark, roll+0;
… if you have good information about where you are going, roll+1;
… if you have previously traveled to where you are going, roll+2;
… if the path is well-lit and well-marked by beacons, roll+3.
On a 10+, you arrive with no problem; on a 7-9, you can go there or circle back around to where you started, but if you go, choose one of the following; on a failure, you don’t arrive, choose one of the following, and start a countdown clock for being lost.
- You leave something important behind;
- You take something with you;
- You miss noticing something important.
Dancer in the Dark
- Catches Fire, Dog, Poet, Tryst, or Warlock.
- man, woman, androgynous, or concealed.
- harsh, lithe, raw, reckless, severe, or untamed.
- functional clothing, hand-crafted clothing, naked, immaculately preserved clothing, scorched clothing, or tatterdemalion.
When making travel moves, treat them as one level easier.Piloting
When you join hands with others to pilot them through the void, change certain things about the basic travel moves.Body Memory
If you roll a 12+ on a travel move, you can solo travel the exact same route in the future without having to roll. If you are piloting for others, roll at +2, but you cannot choose to lose yourself to ensure the group reaches its destination.Starburst
When you have time and intimacy with a star, roll+whatever: On a 10+, you attract the attention of those you have in mind. On a 7-9, they are notified, but you also attract the attention of other things or people moving in the infinite dark. On a failure, your comrades have no clue and you attract undesired attention.