Tribe 8 with Apocalypse World?

• 5 Replies

SJE

Tribe 8 with Apocalypse World?
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »
So... mixing 90's era Tribe 8 setting with 2010's Apocalypse world system and attitude, what might we get?

You could do mix and match playbooks with tribes and factions, but that's arguably a little limiting.  Synthesis and its dangers works well with Weird, though the different Aspects can flavour what you get with it.

The apocalypse is already written, but I suppose the Z'Bri would need some conversion across- but their plans and schemes (and that of the Fatimas) works well as Fronts.

Hmmm... Anyone tried mixing these 2 games together before?

SJE

Re: Tribe 8 with Apocalypse World?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
Hell anyone ever sit down and play Tribe 8? I own the main book and loved the setting but never got around to playing it.

Munin

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »
That's apparently pretty common among people who own Tribe 8.  Both of the people I know who have it have never actually played it.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »
Don't know Tribe 8 I'm afraid, but just wanted to say 'crack on'. There's loads of meta plot heavy 90s game that creak under their original systems. This sort of mash up should happen more often.

Kuzco

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 01:19:11 AM »
Fuck yeah, Tribe 8!
I've been thinking of writing a hack.
There's one partly done here: http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=409.0
Although I would rename stats to match the setting's spirituality, the whole thing looks really good.
I want to carefully read it and make minor corrections, then maybe pour it into a PDF for redistribution.

noclue

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 02:05:24 AM »
Hell anyone ever sit down and play Tribe 8? I own the main book and loved the setting but never got around to playing it.
I don't own it. But I've played it. Of course, I've only played it with Burning Wheel and Cortex+Drama, not the actual system.
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER