Operator's Reputation

• 3 Replies
Operator's Reputation
« on: February 16, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
I'm sure this is clear to everyone but me, so I figured I'd ask.

If a character has the Reputation move is the roll to check if an NPC has heard of the Operator or is it to see if the Operator has heard of the NPC? I have no idea why I can't grok this one move.

lumpley

Re: Operator's Reputation
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »
To see if the NPC has heard of the operator.

Now, no matter how the roll turns out, yes, the NPC has heard of the operator. The move says that on a hit, the player says what the NPC has heard, and on a miss, the MC decides what the NPC has heard.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

noclue

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »
This move, more than anything else brought the character of my operator into focus. Proust had a gun in the face of an NPC and I rolled a 10+ on the Rep move. I pop off with "You've heard of me, so you know I always do what I promise. If you do what I ask, you won't be hurt." From that moment on, Proust never broke a promise. And you better believed the GM used that to his advantage. Proust risked her life and the lives of the PCs to keep those promises.
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER