New Skins: The Gorgon, the Deep One, and the Kitsune

• 0 Replies
New Skins: The Gorgon, the Deep One, and the Kitsune
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:31:20 PM »
I've made my first three ever attempts at skins in the past week and thought I'd both show them off and ask how they could be further improved.

First up: If I were a Deep One - the first skin I ever wrote.  The premise of this skin is that you've heard about the evils of Deep Ones all your life, and how they are evil and in league with the Old Ones.  And you've just discovered you are one.  Naturally you're terrified about anyone finding out.  It was prompted by my spotting how weak the closet is in all the games I've played (I absolutely think this is a missing piece of Queer content for many game styles).

Next up: The Gorgon - a skin about social awkwardness, phobia, and dysfunction.  The fundamental feature of The Gorgon is that they can't meet anyone's eyes without slowly petrifying them.  And I'm especially pleased with the sex move here.  I posted this to one of my local groups - within three hours there'd been a game set up because someone wanted to play it that badly.

Finally the skin I started working on today: The Kitsune.  I know there are other skins out there called the Kitsune - if only one I wouldn't have used it, but I know of three and think there's a fourth.  At that point an all-Kitsune game becomes possible...  Anyway, the Kitsune is the Class Clown.  Tools to trick people (with one being taking things too far).  A move to give you 1 forward for corpsing the table as long as you did it while in character.  A phobia and an approach through the sex move, and a darkest self that fits.  It's not as intense as the other two - but the Class Clown skin shouldn't be.  I think it does its job pretty well - but as I say I only wrote it tonight, and there's been no feedback yet.

So these are the first three skins I've written.  All, I think, pretty good - but I'm sure there's room for improvement.  (I've had feedback off Storygames and put all three up on the G+ group).  Any advice?