Combat turns

• 22 Replies
Re: Combat turns
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
Not at all man. That's what these forums are for.

I would have had a tough time getting my own campaign started if i didn't lurk on the forums here and read through some the old posts, especially the posts describing rules interpretations and clarifications.

Seems like it worked out alright because now there are new players advising new players. Haha

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 08:34:10 PM »
disregard last edit. and thanks a bunch for the threads, they are helping out a bunch. will post how it goes when we get to character creation and first session

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
So, another question (by the way running the game sunday hopefully): one, how do hocus's fortune moves work, and two: does hi-power as a tag fit handguns? and can you have five-harm handguns? (using the battlebabe's 'merciless' move here)
edit: another question: how do the 'threat' countdown clocks work?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:47:00 PM by metroidgeek21 »

lumpley

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »
On question 2: Yes, a 5-harm handgun is legal. More than legal, it's marvelous. Embrace it!

Even 3-harm without armor is always fatal to an NPC. 5-harm is always fatal even to an NPC wearing 2-armor. To have a chance in a fight against this battlebabe, the NPCs are going to have to cower in armored cars and shit.

To a PC wearing 2-armor, 5-harm is a serious threat: one shot to 9:00, a second shot to midnight. This is a battlebabe that even a gunlugger can't ignore.

By building a battlebabe capable of 5-harm this way, the player is saying that she is just that fucking serious. It's great! Don't try to prevent it or take it away from her. It's not your job to keep NPCs alive when she wants them dead, nor PCs from taking harm when she inflicts harm on them. Follow the results of the moves and when they call for characters to die, let them die.

-Vincent

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 04:30:48 PM »
jesus christ that's so ridiculous and awesome xD thanks a bunch. here's hoping everything goes well then

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
I have just started MCing and I love this system! coming from DnD I do have a question though.

Suppose I have an NPC with a stun gun hiding from the PCs, who don't suspect anything, and he tries to stun one. Should I have the targeted person act under fire to avoid the shot, or just have him get hit with it.

In this situation, should I ask for a roll+sharp to see if they notice anything, or should I just let them be?

lumpley

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11:03 PM »
You should have them read the situation.

You can have the guy jump out immediately after you've answered their questions, like this:

"What should I be on the lookout for?"

"There's a guy hiding with a stun gun. Or, he was hiding, now he lunges out at you! What do you do?"

Now they can act under fire to avoid getting hit, or turn it into seizing by force if they prefer to fight back, or whatever makes sense to you given what they say they do.

-Vincent

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
Thanks for the help! I'll let my PCs know occasionally when there is something more to the situation and ask if someone would like to read it.