Our hardholder broke tonight.

• 6 Replies
Our hardholder broke tonight.
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:21 AM »
He held it up together, kept his vision in the face of the apocalypse and tried to save the last remnants of the Golden Age for a dozen sessions.

Then last game, the then-brainer-now-hocus teared up a rift in reality itself to show his people what was miles away.

"Uncle, how do you react to that ?
-I don't, Uncle doesn't see shit like this, I never open myself to the maelstrom.
-No, you don't get it. It's not a vision. It's real, like, right before your eyes. He really teared up a hole in reality itself. That's no metaphor."
-I... He..."

And he broke, right then.

The player is quite distressed, btw. He really took his role of protector of the remnants of the old world quite at heart, despite our regular reminders of no status quo.

Uncle is also the only character who hasn't changed playbook or made another character yet. In fact that player never took any advanced option.

I think becoming a touchstone could be an interesting option. Poor sap.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:01:04 AM by gregpogor »

lumpley

Re: Our hardholder broke tonight.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »
The stat line with -2 weird claims another victim.

I went touchstone when it happened to me!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »
Mine, in a fit of paranoia and distress, put up rock-solid psychoemotional barriers around *his* brain, cementing himself into this one physical reality and cutting off the plethora of possibilities, both good and ill, lying in the maelstrom.

It's proved interesting.

- Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
So! I've been thinking.

We're currently in "season 2" of our game, and last session was "first session" all over again — second season pilot, if you will. I'm currently building up fronts and I'm thinking about Uncle.

The maelstrom wasn't that important last season, so here it is: the maelstrom is definitively a front this time. Also, the chopper introduced a new warlord and managed to piss her off right of the bat, so a war is in sight with Uncle's compound. Which is home to a very, very dangerous cult leader in ties with the maelstrom — the aforementioned brainer-turned-hocus.

What if the warlord comes to Uncle at the start of the next session and offer him an alliance to properly destroy the maelstrom? What if most of Uncle's people are definitively not down with that, what with Verm the White (the brainer/hocus) being the protector and prophet of the maelstrom and all that? How would Uncle, Verm and all the other PCs, who are slowly but surely becoming more and more weird but still attached to Uncle's people and compound, react to whatever would happen?

I'm curious to find out. What do you people think?

noclue

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
Sounds like you'll have to play to find out
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

zefir

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
So! I've been thinking.

We're currently in "season 2" of our game, and last session was "first session" all over again — second season pilot, if you will. I'm currently building up fronts and I'm thinking about Uncle.

The maelstrom wasn't that important last season, so here it is: the maelstrom is definitively a front this time. Also, the chopper introduced a new warlord and managed to piss her off right of the bat, so a war is in sight with Uncle's compound. Which is home to a very, very dangerous cult leader in ties with the maelstrom — the aforementioned brainer-turned-hocus.

What if the warlord comes to Uncle at the start of the next session and offer him an alliance to properly destroy the maelstrom? What if most of Uncle's people are definitively not down with that, what with Verm the White (the brainer/hocus) being the protector and prophet of the maelstrom and all that? How would Uncle, Verm and all the other PCs, who are slowly but surely becoming more and more weird but still attached to Uncle's people and compound, react to whatever would happen?

I'm curious to find out. What do you people think?

Will you share how it went?

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »
Of course! I'll try to post the fronts I'll use before the game, even.

I hinted at Uncle's player that his character could decide to fight the maelstrom directly and even have a figthing chance, if he didn't mind the chance/risk of becoming the villain of this season. He seemed to entertain the idea, like it even.

I'll keep you guys up to date.