MotW Dice

• 2 Replies
MotW Dice
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
I found out recently that Chessex will do custom, laser-engraved dice, in fairly small batches are for a lot less than I'd think.  (As few as 10 dice, and at that volume, it's $1 per custom face.)

Taking inspiration from the image on the Monster of the Week IndieGoGo campaign and bolstering my largely-nonexistent artistic skills with bits from openclipart.org, I put together a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) image, worked with the *amazingly* helpful folks at Chessex, and just today received 13 pairs of dice for our recently-started Monster of the Week campaign:

(Original SVG available public-doman, CC0, unfettered, have a party, at http://personal.stevens.edu/~jformoso/motw_logo.svg)

The guy I worked with at Chessex, by the way, was incredible -- attentive, professional, and helpful, and didn't care in the least that I was only going to order a very small batch of dice.  Delivered, my order came to a grand total of $29.50.

Re: MotW Dice
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:53:47 PM »
Nice!

I found Chessex really great to deal with when I got dice made for the IndieGoGo funders. Recommended!

Re: MotW Dice
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »
They've made a fan for life of me, that's for sure.  I was up-front about the fact that I was getting a very small batch made, and was floored by how much time they spent with me just the same.  The guy I was working with even went to the trouble of producing a sample die, so I could see an image of what I would actually be getting if I placed an order.  Truly staggering.