Eclipse Phase World

• 5 Replies
Eclipse Phase World
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »
For those who don't know, Eclipse Phase http://eclipsephase.com/ is a hard scifi game of transhumanism, conspiracy, and horror. The Singularity has occurred and went horribly wrong. The survivors have put the pieces back together in very different ways. Humanity has transcended its old limits, but faces existential threats from within and without.

I've hacked together a first draft of basic moves and the GM-facing side of the game.

My friend had an idea about dividing Ego and Morph into two separate Playbook lists that stack. I don't have any character generation rules yet, or I'd post the whole thing here for feedback.

Instead, I want to ask you three questions: what do you think the core of an Eclipse Phase experience is? I've got my ideas, but I want to hear yours.

What is the biggest difference between the actions an Eclipse Phase character undertakes and those of an Apocalypse World character?

And lastly: what is a better title than "Eclipse Phase World" for getting across what this hack is trying to be? (That is, a hack preserving the feel and core experience of Eclipse Phase in a much slimmer package.) I really hate the name Eclipse Phase World.

Re: Eclipse Phase World
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »
Well, the easiest answer would probably be Eclipsed Worlds, though I'm not sure if you're looking for something so on-the-nose.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »
That is an interesting suggestion. I'll have to think about it.

I'd switched to calling it Transhuman World in the interim. I find it much preferable to Eclipse Phase World, but it's still pretty dry.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:04 AM »
I've also been working on an Eclipse Phase hack!

I've hashed out the classes (though I've separated things out into "background", "faction" and "profession", the latter of which will cover the class moves), but haven't gotten to the GM stuff yet.

The way I see it, AW characters open their brains, read a sitch, go aggro, and form bonds with other PCs. They use personal, psychological, and emotional means to overcome interpersonal and intergroup strife.

EP characters resleeve and egocast, use their reputations as currency, gatecrash, and infiltrate secretive groups. They use high-tech equipment, intrigue, and firepower to save transhumanity from itself, TITANS, xenos, and more.

Maybe we should talk? I've got a decent title.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
Any update on either of these? Eclipse Phase seems like an interesting environment but I want my AW...
Our blog about gaming - Guild Redemund's Blog - Blog for Gaming in various forms (and stuff)

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:06 AM »
I, too, am curious about progress on this.
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html