Pokemon World Hack

• 0 Replies
Pokemon World Hack
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:20 AM »
So, I've only recently discovered this community and I've been loving the rules I've been reading for the Core games and other Hacks.  And they don't seem too difficult to put together (I may be wrong, but I like a challenge).  So I've decided to try my hand at making a hack for Pokemon.  Making humans(trainers) doesn't seem to be too hard, but the real task is trying to create pokemon on the fly for my players. 

Prototype Pokemon Character sheet:
Pokemon:
Type:
Stats:
-Attack - Physical stuff, mostly attacking
-Defense - How to take a hit, also resist poisons, disease
-Speed - How to move and dodge
-Intelligence - A pokemon's cunning, common sense, etc
-Special - Using pokemon moves that aren't physically based, and attempting to resist status and secondary effects

Derived Stats:
-HP - Health, will be equal to <blank>+1d6 per point of defense?
-PowerPoints - This is supposed to represent a pokemon's ability to keep fighting and avoid exhaustion.  I don't know how to calculate this.

Abilites: Pokemon often have some innate ability that is breed into their species, this ability often grants a boon to certain situations and can never be overwritten unless an evolution changes it.

Moves:  Pokemon can learn a variety of moves to help them protect themselves and fight.  Outside of their basic attack ability, Pokemon may know 4 moves.

Pokemon generation:
-Pick a 1 or 2 types - This will decide modifiers (positive and negative) for attacks hitting the pokemon or to type related attacks the pokemon attacks with. (This is used to represent weaknesses, resistances, and STAB)
-Pick a Nature - There are 25 natures, they all provide the stat modifiers to Attack, Defense, Speed, and HP
-Pick a Trait - There are 30 traits, they provide modifiers to Intelligence, Special, and PowerPoints
-Abilities - There are countless, I'm wondering if I should even bother. and just leave this as something that describes the pokemon so the players can make up uses on their own.
-Moves - This is a little chunkier.  If you can suggest any real good sources for magic spells or super powers, or whatever for AW, DW, Etc that might make a little sense, I'd be happy to give it a look for some inspiration 

I'm also looking for more ideas for Basic moves that just Attack.  Which is all I really have so far.

Basic Moves:
-Attack - A pokemon can perform a basic attack, using their claws, fists, fants, etc in melee, roll+STR.  Six or less is a miss and the GM decides what happens, A roll of 7-9 is a weak hit, halve the damage rolled. A 10 or more is a normal hit.

Critical Hits - If the d6 roll 2 sixes, that's a Critical hit.  A critical hit will +1d6 damage to the damage roll.

I'm sorry if this seems scattershot, but this is about as organized as I can get at the moment and would love any ideas or suggestions.  My normal group of players are kinda played out on some of the more rules heavy games we usually play and I think this is really what they need to get their imaginations going!