Availability of Print version?

• 14 Replies
Availability of Print version?
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »

It looks like IPR is out of stock on the print version.  Does anyone know when it will be available again?

sage

Re: Availability of Print version?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
We have 40-ish more copies headed their way, then DW is officially Out of Print for a month or so while we get another two thousand copies.

...I can't believe we're looking at another 2,000 copies!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
I guess the game is starting to get around a bit. I saw a copy for sale in the Dealer's Room here in Los Angeles at Gamex (a strategicon event). Was nice to see a hard copy amidst all the other games.

I'm planning on going to the Gateway Convention over Labor Day this year. Gonna pick up 10 copies or so just to give away (or sell at a discounted price). Wanna spread the love and I gotz moneyz to burn.
--Art

Everything I do is a work of Art.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
I've been checking the IPR website every other day since Sage posted above, and they never changed the availability. Do you think that they never got the order, or did they blow through the forty-ish copies so fast that they are now gone?

I'm chomping at the bit out here, severely regretting that I chose the electronic bundle from RPGNow over the IPR bundle when I first picked up the game. ;) I'd like to order through my local game shop, and from what I gather IPR is the only distributor.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is the game still in transit, or is it officially out-of-print?

sage

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
I just shipped IPR our last two boxes today. They may or may not be able to take more orders once they have those (they may need them to handle outstanding orders).

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
Thanks for the rapid update! I'll just hunker down with my Kindle edition until we know more. Any idea when the next print run might become available?

sage

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »
2-3 months. We have to get our contract with Alliance in place so we don't have to ship them to my house, then reship them to the distributors. That should happen in the next few days, at which point we can tell the printer to get started. They'll take a month or so, plus shipping time. Then time from the distributors to the actual stores/your address.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
Not bad. Will the next printing include any revisions based on changes in the Github repository?

sage

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
We're looking at that now. The only things we might change are typo-level stuff, of which we've found a few. This is definitely not a "second edition" in any way. Not even really errata. Just "oh, duh, Sage can't type.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »
Thanks for the updates--can't wait to get my grubbies on a copy.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
Just found out about the game and it seems a 100% fit for recapturing the way we played AD&D back in 'ye olde daze'. Desperately need a print copy of this, take my money! Any updates regarding the who, what, when, and where?

sage

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
We're expecting print copies to be available in August, stay tuned.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
Is IPR the retailer to have physical stock? Every time I've been to their site to buy something, their shipping rates end up turning me off.

sage

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
At this point just about any retailer should be able to order copies from Alliance, our distributor. Your friendly local game shop probably knows Alliance, they can get DW from them.

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 10:22:43 AM »
I was just notified that my print copy has shipped from IPR.