The C-Team (Magicpunk Oddjobers in the Not-Too-Distant-Future)

• 0 Replies
The C-Team (Magicpunk Oddjobers in the Not-Too-Distant-Future)
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:17:27 AM »
So, I made a thing tonight: https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1dvduuMvVdC_GCIkA3n0BvlOD1J3sHcz32j0JDRFmjtM/edit?authkey=CNuKpegH#

A lot of the fiction / setting is just in my head, not written down, but my friend asked for a game where he controls a team of people, so I threw this thing together. It's about a team of people, each uniquely skilled, working together for probably not-to-legal jobs. Spies, infiltrators, saboteurs, and so on.

It's set in the future. Not, like, distant future, like... 5-10 years, maybe? The world is pretty much like ours, except there's magic. Maybe it's always been there, alternate history style, or maybe it suddenly showed up at some point.

There's a manastorm that co-exists with our world, a swirling primal magical aura surrounding the whole planet. People can reach into it for insight, and there are spirits (called arcanites) living it it, too. There's thousands or millions of these, and they all give some sort of benefit (and, almost always, some kind of price). These range from, like, minor arcanites that'll clean your kitchen to spirits that can manifest as living tanks.

It's kinda rough right now. It's also meant for one player playing all the PCs, although I'm not sure how that'll work in actual play. I reckon each character could go to a different player, too. Anyhow, feel free to check it out (and leave feedback, if you'd like), I figure someone might be interested in it.