welcome & ground rules

• 5 Replies

lumpley

welcome & ground rules
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »
Hey, welcome!

I expect we're all here for the same reason: we're excited about Apocalypse World, and we're excited about new games that take Apocalypse World as their starting point. I'm calling them "hacks," but I expect many of them to transcend the word.

Secondarily, maybe you're excited about my other games or about my take on roleplaying theory. I'm excited about those things too.

So here are the ground rules:

1. No name-calling, no trolling, no personal attacks, no spam. Stay on topic. Use the forums for what they're for. Try to just say what you mean. Be as clear and as open as you're able, with as little defensiveness, posturing and sarcasm as you can manage. Swearing is fine. Swearing at people isn't.

2. If you're a pain in my ass, I'll put you in the penalty box. I'll let you out again the next day, probably. The penalty box means read-only access.

3. Use the what's cool thread.

4. When you ask a question, put a question mark at the end of it. It seems obvious now, but if you take care to always do it, you'll save us all a ton of grief.

5. New users can't send private messages or have sigs, as an anti-spam measure. I'm spam-traumatized from admining the Forge, so please be indulgent. 3 forum posts will make you a regular user, so you can PM people and create a sig then.

Thanks! I'm glad you're here.

-Vincent

lumpley

Re: welcome & ground rules
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
A couple more notes.

You should be able to edit your own posts for 30 minutes after you post them.

I'll delete blatant spam posts, but otherwise I won't delete any posts.

I'm going to be moving posts around kind of aggressively at first, to establish the forums. If you can't find a post you've made, don't panic! I didn't delete it, I just moved it somewhere else. Look around or drop me a PM and I'll direct you to it.

Thanks!

-Vincent

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
Looks like there's no notification currently, at all, when you get a PM. While I figure out where and how to activate one, it might be worth it to get in the habit of checking. Just click "My Messages" in the menu across the top.

-Vincent

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »
i didn't know there are rules..nice
good day everyone

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »
Vincent,

I did a thread search to try and answer this before posting - apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere:

Is it appropriate to make LFG posts in the sub-forums here?

JBH

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 07:47:32 AM »
Dumb question: how do I get permission to create a new thread? I'm not seeing a button for that. Do I need a minimum number of replies posted before it becomes available?
Thanks

Ignore this: it looks like I just needed one post and going through the spam filter once.