Typo eradication

• 12 Replies
Typo eradication
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
I'm getting ready for a second print run, so I'm keen to fix any typos you may have found.

Please let me know if you spotted one!

I'll send you any of the limited edition playbooks as a finder's bounty (if you have them all, you may be interested in the Meddling Kid or Sidekick which will soon be finished).

Re: Typo eradication
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:04:11 AM »
I have been working my way through my print copy again with proofreading in mind, and have not found any typos or other errors in the Hunter's section. I should have the Keeper's section completed in the next day or so, and will let you know what I find.

Are you planning any additions in the second printing? An extra playbook, more author's notes based on actual play feedback or personal observations? Or is this just a reprint? (Nothing wrong with that, by the way - I was just curious.)

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:17 AM »
It's just going to be a reprint - error corrections only.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
Kudos to your editors and proofreaders for the first printing - I didn't find any errors in the Keeper section either. It's kind of a shame that larger game companies with dedicated printers and staff can't manage as well.

Tyson

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
Thanks, Tyson! I appreciate the effort.

I (and my editor and proofreaders) put a lot of work into getting everything right. Possibly because I know that there's always a mistake unspotted in anything that size (this may be my training as a software developer showing through :) ).

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Your editor, here. I was re-reading the rules over the weekend, prepping to run a game and (to my chagrin) I found a typo:

On page 189, where you're recommending Monsterhearts, "its" should be "it's".

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
Thanks, Steve.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:32:25 AM »
I know it's very late to offer corrections, but you mention Olivia Dunham from Fringe, but you spell the last name Denholm.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
I know it's very late to offer corrections, but you mention Olivia Dunham from Fringe, but you spell the last name Denholm.

Typo spotting is still appreciated, even if it's late for that particular revision.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »
Hey I know it's late but pg 92. It says bystanders have 7 harm capacity like a hunter. I assume it should say 8.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
Hey I know it's late but pg 92. It says bystanders have 7 harm capacity like a hunter. I assume it should say 8.

Nope, hunters also have seven. The first seven are fine, it's number eight that gets you. Possibly this should be explained better!

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 11:25:09 PM »
It makes sense. I just misunderstood. Maybe it does need more explanation but I may have just missed it.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 09:06:49 AM »
It makes sense. I just misunderstood. Maybe it does need more explanation but I may have just missed it.

You're not the first to be confused, so I will think about the wording.

As a general notice, I am currently working on some revisions for a new print run, so if anyone reading has noticed something else that needs work, let me know.