PDF For Sale

• 26 Replies
Re: PDF For Sale
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
Just popping back in to ask: Is there any difference between the .pdf and this link, and if so, what are they?

vsh

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 01:41:01 AM »
Book's got art and a few sidenotes (some of they are important, like the Druid's). Other than that they are identical. Art is protected by copyright, sidenotes just were not implemented AFAIK.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
There are actually one or two serious changes to the rules not reflected in that Gazetteer.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
What rules get changed, and why?

vsh

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »
Yeah, what's the difference? Gazetteer is said to be build from last commit on github, is there something you didn't push?

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
The gazeteer contains old rules for monster damage.  If the files in Git are the same (old rules) then they need to be pushed again!

If that's the case, let us know.

vsh

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 03:43:57 AM »
Then it looks like repository is not up to date.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
Yup. Latest Git commit was Nov 13, 2012: Final round of edits

If there were edits after that...

=c)

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »
Just got the PDF/mobi/ePub bundle.  I'm not expecting art really, but the .mobi file is missing a lot of special characters for the classes and so on.  the file shows the empty square for 'missing characters' when there's a different font or whatnot.

Is it an issue with the .mobi file itself (ie, the characters aren't embedded) or with the Kindle app's ability to deal with the special characters?  If it's a problem with the .mobi, that would need to be fixed on your end, of course, but with the Kindle, I'd think they would need to be contacted to make their app work better with their own format.

Either way, having the document render properly would be great.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »
Noble Knight claims to have had Dungeon World (Print Copy) on Feb 20th.  I apparently missed it.  :P

Am I to assume that this thing is actually in a warehouse somewhere, just waiting to be funneled through my FLGS and into my little hands?

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »
The zip file also includes a file with two-page spreads, which make printing somewhat cheaper if you don't mind the larger size and 2up layout. Printing the whole thing as a 200-page book with, like, a spiral bind on it should cost under US$15 at your local copy shop.

(Also I just wanna say that this is an awesome digital release; the zip file has a single page version, 2-page spreads, mobi, and epub. That rules!)

Also, yes - everyone who owns the PDF, you are welcome and authorized to print a copy if you want to.  Please do this.  I mean, okay, please buy the real thing when we have it available but if you WANT to print a copy yourself, that is okay, too!

I tried explaining that I should have permission to print a copy of the rulebook, but the printing attendant would not believe me. Would it be possible for me to PM someone my email and maybe then work out some other form of proof? Thanks!

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 05:01:39 PM »
I've emailed DTRPG; in the color PDF the text is corrupt.