PDF For Sale

• 26 Replies
PDF For Sale
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »
For anyone who missed the Kickstarter and wants to pick up the PDF. 

IT LIVES: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/108028/Dungeon-World

Scrape

Re: PDF For Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
YESSSSSS that is so awesome!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:52:54 PM »
Is the going to be a way of ordering the printed version anytime soon, enquires a pdf-only backer who wishes he'd got for a softcover having blanched particularly when he found out how much his local printer was going to charge to produce a copy?

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:24:21 PM »
Is the going to be a way of ordering the printed version anytime soon, enquires a pdf-only backer who wishes he'd got for a softcover having blanched particularly when he found out how much his local printer was going to charge to produce a copy?

Absolutely!  Once we have our hot little hands on some extra copies, we'll put them in the hands of a trusted retailer.  From there, you'll be able to order them to your hearts' content.  Expect probably January?

Scrape

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
The zip file also includes a file with two-page spreads, which make printing somewhat cheaper if you don't mind the larger size and 2up layout. Printing the whole thing as a 200-page book with, like, a spiral bind on it should cost under US$15 at your local copy shop.

(Also I just wanna say that this is an awesome digital release; the zip file has a single page version, 2-page spreads, mobi, and epub. That rules!)

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 12:55:10 AM »
Hurray!  I'm happy I can finally throw some money at you guys for such a fun game.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
The zip file also includes a file with two-page spreads, which make printing somewhat cheaper if you don't mind the larger size and 2up layout. Printing the whole thing as a 200-page book with, like, a spiral bind on it should cost under US$15 at your local copy shop.

(Also I just wanna say that this is an awesome digital release; the zip file has a single page version, 2-page spreads, mobi, and epub. That rules!)

Also, yes - everyone who owns the PDF, you are welcome and authorized to print a copy if you want to.  Please do this.  I mean, okay, please buy the real thing when we have it available but if you WANT to print a copy yourself, that is okay, too! 

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
Once we have our hot little hands on some extra copies, we'll put them in the hands of a trusted retailer.  From there, you'll be able to order them to your hearts' content.  Expect probably January?
Awesome. I know it's still a bit early to ask, but do you have any idea how much a softcover Dungeon World book would cost? I'd love to get one, but unfortunately missed the Kickstarter. :(
If you see my post in your thread, it'll die within 24 hours. You've been warned.

@HyveMynd on Twitter

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
Awesome. I know it's still a bit early to ask, but do you have any idea how much a softcover Dungeon World book would cost? I'd love to get one, but unfortunately missed the Kickstarter. :(

Hard to say, just now.  We'll be trying to find a retailer who'll give us the best margins to pass along to our customers.  Likely in the $25 range.  Give or take.

Scrape

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
No one has mentioned the Golden Geek Best RPG Award yet. Congrats on that!

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
No one has mentioned the Golden Geek Best RPG Award yet. Congrats on that!

Hurrah!  Thanks, Scrape.  We are super proud.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54:34 PM »
Bought the PDF.  Love it.  I don't mean to annoy, but do we have a more solid idea of when this will see print?

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
Bought the PDF.  Love it.  I don't mean to annoy, but do we have a more solid idea of when this will see print?

We've got all the backer copies to ship (this weekend is the beginning of the mass send party!) and then after that, we'll find someone to partner with to deliver hardcopy and we'll make sure everybody knows about that action.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Well rats.  I didn't know about this thing until after the kick start.  If you have a copy left over, I'll take it!  ;-)

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 04:22:22 PM »
Tell me about it, if I had seen this Kickstarter I would've bought one of the highest levels. Games like this I really like to have the best possible book. I would kill...jk...for a hard cover. WEll not kill but you know pay a good price. I wish I had known about Kickstarter before. I kick myself every day. Nice to know that the books are almost out. I really really want one.