Any interest in conversions of classic D&D Adventures?

• 9 Replies
Any interest in conversions of classic D&D Adventures?
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »
I've converted a few classic D&D adventures (U1, U2, I3, UK1, C2) to run for various groups, but to date have only created one publicly shared conversion (U1 which can be found here). I'm wondering if there's any interest in my other conversions and if so, in what kind of format:

1) One-page adventure/front based on the adventure
2) A conversion document meant to be used with a copy of the original module

Re: Any interest in conversions of classic D&D Adventures?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
That's awesome!!  (I'd love to get my hands on more)

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:15:14 AM »
Thanks. So, you'd prefer a one-sheet format that's based on the adventure rather than a conversion?

Ifryt

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
I'm very interested in your conversions of classic D&D adventures to Dungeon World!

I'm in the middle of running U2 (converted by myself to DW) and I really would like to compare with your design (your U1 is excellent!)

I put on the internet my conversion of B7 "Rahasia" but it is a bit outdated, based on older version of DW.

Oh, and I much prefer a one-sheet format that's based on the adventure rather than a  notes to be used with original module.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
I prefer the one- (or two-) sheet format also. And would LOVE to see more of your work!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »
I'll start working on turning my working notes into more one sheets then. Stay tuned...

noofy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »
MJ, you rawk and you know it! :)  Thanks so much mate, I love your conversions.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
Yes yes Yes I would love to see a Dragonlance Conversion...if that's at all possible. Also Ravenloft would be amazing too. I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to play Rise of the Runelords, (I know I know not a D&D game but still in same vein). I'm really impressed with Dungeon World and believe just about anything can be done with this system.

noofy

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
Well, I've been scouring my old modules, using Adam's nifty hints in the conversion chapter, plus the great Burning THAC0 thread over at the burning wheel forums and just loving this idea!

The blurbs make such good intros, I mean check this out:
Not long  ago the valley was green and  animals ran free through golden fields of grain.The Princess Argenta ruled over this peaceful land and the people were secure and happy. Then one day a warrior riding a white dragon appeared in the skies over the castle and almost overnight the tiny kingdom fell into ruin. Now only ruins and rumors remain, and what legends there are tell of a fabulous treasure still buried somewhere within the Palace of the Silver Princess.

And the impending doom is just as easy:
An evil god, Arik of the Hundred Eyes, has sent one of his eyes in the form of a ruby into the palace of the land of Haven. The ruby has brought the evil down upon the land and isolated the palace of the Silver Princess. If no one stops Arik's minions, they will summon him from his extra-dimensional prison and he will be free to wreak his vengeance on the world.

So OSR awesome! Dungeon World is going to breathe life into these classics from my childhood once more! Plus the artwork is Fantastic!

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
I've run this guy about a dozen times as a DW adventure.  It's the best.