Faceless

• 9 Replies

NilsH

Faceless
« on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
Realised yesterday that Norman is NOT a nice guy... scary stuff....

Bret

Re: Faceless
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
Did you figure out why I named it Norman?
Tupacalypse World

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »
Not Osborne?

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
I assumed Norman was a Psycho reference.

-JC

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
That shows how cultural I am. Haven't even seen Psycho.

NilsH

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Realised the psycho connection in game, thought I had chosen a nice great move....

My friendly giant Koobolt with the 8 year old twin daughters has got an alien mask from being a Byrr (Alien) captive. Now the mask won´t come off, and I don´t really wanna see what they have done to my face, so everyone dislikes me. I still try to keep a low friendly profile. Sometimes I help with heavy lifts and occasionally I help the Hardholder kill some sorry bastard...

It´s a hard life being an oucast parent with revolting children. Lucky me I have my friend in the mirror, Norman. He´s kinda scary with his reptile eyes and razor sharp teeth behind his mask- but he speaks oh so truthfully.

Of course stupid me don´t always understand the reasons behind his advice, that´s unimportant. Like when he told me to take the anti-Byrr pirats as slaves and then told me to shoot them when the were helpless. Norman is the greatest and the wisest, lucky me for having him around. Wonder if he´s got any advice on child-rearing?

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 02:04:05 PM »
This still fits well with what I know about Norman Osborne (aka the Green Goblin).

DannyK

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
The Faceless is a truly awesome creation.  Since none of my players took one, I created a Faceless NPC, Hush Hush, for my online game.  On a whim, I also made him mute due to a minor knife fight incident, so he was the faceless, voiceless enforcer of the Hardholder.  And then he got fired (technically, tied to a table and offered in barter) because his new mask, that he'd stolen, gave him a conscience.  

And so far everybody who's tried to examine the mask through Weird means has botched their roll and found themselves on or near a giant, mask-shaped island in shark-infested waters.  It's been rather awesome, although I also think it's built Hush Hush into this Big Mystery of the setting rather then the poor bastard that I originally intended.

Bret

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 07:51:08 PM »
Danny, that is fantastic.

I never expected to find so many people sharing my love of testosterone-poisoned masked weirdos.
Tupacalypse World

NilsH

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 06:47:12 AM »
Koobolt is not a wierdo!!!

Just a little... different...