Custom move: Brainer

• 0 Replies
Custom move: Brainer
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:59:03 AM »
Something like two months after we got into Apocalypse World, my fellow player and I started work on a space-age hack for it, which we will eventually post in the appropriate section.

HOWEVER, this particular move is applicable outside of the hack, and (I think) is a cool little addition to the Brainer's toolbox:

Mindspeak: You can speak into the mind of someone you know, from a reasonable distance. They know it's you speaking to them, and if you're close, they can tell where you are.

In the hack, the Brainer gets this move by default. They don't have to sacrifice any of the other cool Brainer stuff to get it. This is also why it does not require a roll (a Brainer with Weird highlighted can easily progress at a frighteningly fast pace... they don't need any help in that area), and why it specifically states that the recipient of the message knows who and where you are. The advantage it has is that nobody except the recipient can hear the message, and I don't think I really need to point out the benefits of being able to send a completely private message.

Obviously an MC can tweak it as they please. I just thought this was cool and wanted to share it for people to use however they want.