Moonrise Over Karse - Glorantha Hack

• 3 Replies
Moonrise Over Karse - Glorantha Hack
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
Link to Playbooks

I'd be very grateful for any comments, advice or suggestions on these playbooks. I've focused so far on working up interesting and fun moves for the characters, pic'n'mixing from the AW playbooks.

Character attribute balance should be OK, but I'm not sure how to handle the dancer of Crimson Light. She's a Battlebabe/Skinner hybrid. I've not yet considered how many moves each character should get, so far it just defaults to 3 for each character. Nor have I started on character advancement options yet.

Many of the moves are straightforward adaptations of moves from AW. In particular it's spooky how appropriate the Brainer moves are for a shaman of Jakaleel the Witch.

I've made a start on a rulebook as well, but as this is a fantasy hack I'll have a look at Dungeon World and see if there' much there that I can adapt. It seems very D&D/Dungeon focused though so that may be limited.

Simon Hibbs

Re: Moonrise Over Karse - Glorantha Hack
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
A custom move for a political character:

When you attempt to persuade an assembly or council in debate or judgement, roll+sharp. On 10+ hold 3, on a 7-9 hold 1. You may trade your hold 1 for 1 to achieve the following:
  • You win the main point of your case, but some may have been offended or embarrassed,  there are many dissenters and popular opinion may be against you
  • You didn't offend anyone or make any new enemies
  • You have a strong majority of support among members of the assembly
  • Popular opinion in general is on your side
  • You learned something useful about the functioning of the assembly or it's members, carry +1 forward in future dealings with the same body
On a 6- you lose the case, may suffer some or all of the ill effects above and carry -1 forward in future dealings with the same body.

Suggestions for any other effects, or modifications of these effects would be appreciated. Also, are the penalties on a miss a bit harsh? Perhaps I should list the ill effects on a miss and have the player pick 2.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »
Thanks. This looks interesting, can't wait to see more !

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »
Will there be Ducks?

If so, awesome.