Hey. My first post. Would love suggestions, tips, ideas, thoughts.
Gone are the old ways, and the good ol' days. What happens when you've forgotten how to speak, how to act, how to be 'civilized?' You reinvent yourself, and take what you can from the dead world. You've taken the scraps of memory left in the ruins, and from it, a new order - a new culture - has arisen. One that can survive the toxic air, the things that roam, and worst of all, other people. When the last of your machines break down- when everyone's dying for a drop, you will thrive.
Creating the Tribal
Choose a name, look, stats, a tribal trait, moves, gear, and Hx.
Pale Dog, Joe, Zog, Oog, Kurtz, Rags, Hunter, Bad Crow, Him/Her, Mister/Misses Savage, Si, Sprang, Za, Sky, Pepsi, Ghost, Knocker, Demon, Black man, No-No, Mojo, Gungadish, Skeleton, Monkeyboy, Noble, John.
Man, woman, ambigious, transgressing.
Leather wear, fur wear, scrap wear, scrounge wear, vintage wear, rugged wear, display wear.
Lithe body, scarred body, tattooed body, gaunt body, muscled body, bony and tall body, solid body.
Noble face, scarred face, crooked face, tired face, gorgeous face, inbred face, weathered face.
Laughing eyes, Serene Eyes, Wild Eyes, Pale eyes, Cloudy Eyes, Sad Eyes, Watchful Eyes, Guarded Eyes, Spooky Eyes, Clever eyes, Dull eyes, Squinty eyes.
• Cool+1 Hard+0 Hot+1 Sharp+2 Weird-1
• Cool+0 Hard+1 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+1
• Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+1 Sharp+2 Weird+0
• Cool-1 Hard+1 Hot+0 Sharp+2 Weird+1
You get all the basic moves. And this one:
Wasteland Survival: With preparation and the right materials, the Tribal can make something for himself, up tor a small gang. Pick one: Shelter/protection, food/water, medicine, basic weapons/armor. Plus roll+Sharp. 10+ The creation is permanent. 7-9: Will soon break down with use. On a fail, you end up wasting time and the material.
And pick 2:
Ambush: Prep before going aggro or seizing by force. Prep can mean anything from hiding a broken bottle behind your back, setting snares, or waiting till night falls. Right before you make your move, roll +Sharp. 10+ pick both. 7-9 pick one.
• They're vulnerable. You do AP or +1 harm.
• They're disorganized. They do -1 harm.
On a fail, you're caught before you're ready. You do -1harm. They do +1harm.
Ambush lasts till whenever the MC decides the NPCs can identify the threat and/or get themselves rallied. For PCs, they'll need to Act Under Fire.
Quick In: When using a hand weapon, or any tribal/primitive type weapons (like a bow), gain +1 armour.
Somewhere Out There: Name a person, place or thing out in the Wastelands that you want to find. It exists. Roll +Sharp. On a success, you know where it is, but the MC chooses 1. On a 7-9, the MC chooses 2. A fail, the GM chooses 4.
• It's far off;
• In hostile territory;
• it's in the vicinity;
• You can't go back the same way you came;
• it's been claimed;
• it's not what you expected;
• it's in danger.
Deja Vu: At the start of a charged situation, make a prediction then roll + Sharp. 10+ Hold 2. 7-9 Hold 1. You can spend your holds 1-for-1 on yourself, or another PC to take +1 to make the prediction come true. On a fail, take -1 forwards, as you're looking the wrong way.
In Every Footprint, In Every Cloud, a Sign: Use Sharp when opening your brain to the psychic maelstrom.
You are the Prey, the Hunter: +1 Sharp.
You come from a tribe. They worship a specific way, they act a specific way, they believe in certain gods. Because of where you're from, choose a set, and pick one of the tribal traits therein:
-Child Tribe: The adults never found you, or maybe you exile anyone over a certain age. Pick one:
• Child immortality: The first time you take a debility, ignore it. You're now out of the fight and left for dead. You'll come back in the aftermath. Erase all harm.
• Perceived vulnerability: Whenever someone offers you aid, protection, care or comfort, and you accept, they gain +1 xp.
Blood and Darkness tribe: Gathered in secret, your tribe conducts dark rites. More in tune with monsters, than with people.
• Cannibal: While away from your tribe, gain +1 xp when you eat someone. Spread the love.
• Wasteland demon: Pick one condition: Inflicting harm in darkness/Inflicting harm with a hand or intimate weapon. Whenever you inflict harm with this condition, then inflict +1 harm and +messy. If the weapon is already +messy, it becomes +GORE EXPLOSION.
Exploration tribe: Your tribe roams the earth, learning about the people and the world.
• Crazy prepared: Gain a piece of gear from another playbook.
• Well versed: Gain an additional sex move from another playbook. When you do the nasty, you can now use either the new sex move, your tribal sex move, or both.
Exodus tribe: Your tribe has suffered, and forced to leave their ancestral land. The tribe's warriors are dead, and only you remain to lead them. The tribe consists of the very young, and the very old. A medium gang, 0-harm, 0-armour. Plus pick 2: Vulnerable: Desperation; Vulnerable: Disease: Vulnerable: Hunger, Vulnerable: Violence. In addition, at the beginning of every session, they produce 1 barter for you.
• You can consult the tribal elders. Gain +insight.
• Whenever you protects the tribe from danger, or improves their lot, you gain +1 xp.
Maelstrom Tribe: You are the product of a tribe highly in tune with the ebbs and flow of the psychic maelstrom. The tribe even refers to the maelstrom directly, as if it were a place.
• Shaman: With preparation, gain +augury. You can use Sharp for augury if you have a move that lets you use Sharp to open your brain to the psychic maelstrom.
• Intimacy with the secret world: Once per session, in private, you can ask the MC about the nature of a threat that has been encountered, or is looming. Gain +1 if you act on what the MC tells you, similar to using the basic Sharp move.
Wasteland tribe: Your people are tough and hardy, pragmatic. You're in balance with the land, and conduct regular business with other settlements.
• Nothing wasted: Whenever you successfully use the Wasteland Survival move, gain +1 barter.
• Helpful Native: After a successful Wasteland Survival move, whenever you share the earnings with one or more PC, gain +1 xp.
You get clothes appropriate to your look, and 1-armour at your discretion. Plus, pick 2 Tribal weapons:
Boomerang: (2-harm, close/far, returns) and an armoured glove.
Longspear: (3-harm, hand/close)
Garrote: (2-harm, AP, intimate)
Blunt War Weapon: (3-harm, hand, messy)
Great Scything Blade: (3-harm, hand, messy)
Bow: (2-harm, close, AP)
Outdated Hunting Rifle: (2-harm, far, AP, loud, reload)
Ceremonial dagger: (2-harm, hand, valuable)
Hunting knives: (2-harm, hand, infinite)
Javelins: (2-harm, hand/close, reload)
Bolas: (1-harm, s-harm, close, reload).
Junked Sawn-off shotgun: (3-harm, close, loud, reload)
Your Own Damn Nails and Teeth: (2-harm, intimate/hand, implanted, messy).
Clawed glove: (2-harm, close, messy)
On your turn, pick 1 or both:
Tell someone +1 hx. They've had dealings with your tribe before.
Tell someone Hx-2: Your tribe has been hostile to that PC, or someone near and dear to them.
Everyone else, tell them -1. You're strange and different.
On their turn, pick one or both:
Whatever number someone tells you, write +2 instead. You've helped them when they were lost, alone and hurting.
Hx -2: They've fucked with or double-dealt your tribe.
When you and another character have sex, you can gain +1 history with them, and they get -1 history with you. Or you get -1 history with them, and they get +1 history. What with the cultural difference.
--+1 Cool (max +2)
--+1 Hard (max +2)
--+1 Hot (max +2)
--+1 Weird (max +2)
--Gain another tribal trait from a different tribe set.
--Gain the second tribal trait from a set you've already taken.
--Gain a tribal move.
--Gain another tribal move.
--Gain a move from another playbook.
--Gain a move from another playbook.