New Playbook: Last Child

• 0 Replies
New Playbook: Last Child
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:44 AM »
Me again, with another one: The Last Child

I saw Ben mention a Golden Child playbook he was working on, after JWalt suggested this idea. Well, I guess we can fight over it. Like Bumfights, but with crazy psyker kids.

Anyway, feedback would be wonderful. Especially on the Vulnerable move, I'm not real sure about that one.

The Last Child gets +1Weird as part of their stat lines.
Cool+1, Hard-2, Hot+1, Sharp+1, Weird+3
Cool+2, Hard-1, Hot-1, Sharp=0, Weird+3
Cool+1, Hard-1, Hot-2, Sharp+2, Weird+3
Cool=0, Hard+1, Hot=0, Sharp+1, Weird+2

And you get this one:

Prophetic Curse: when you reveal to someone your secret knowledge and pronounce a curse against them, roll+weird if it's an NPC, roll+Hx if it's another player's character. On a 10+, hold 1 and take +1forward against them. On a 7-9, hold 1. Until you spend your hold, you can help or interfere with a PC, no matter where you are. You can spend your hold to:
·   be where they are, with or without an explanation
·   cause a 2-harm accident
They can spend your hold by:
·   doing something you tell them to do
·   fighting to protect you
·   giving you something you want
On a miss, they hold 1 over you, same terms.

Then pick 1:

Black Witchery: You are privy to special rituals that make your brain more receptive to the psychic maelstrom. You can use augury without followers or a workspace, so long as you aren't rushed or threatened.

Dark Radiant Fear: in an enclosed space or at night, you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro without going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don't have to interact. If they force your hand, the fear counts as s-harm.

Forebodings of Doom: when you warn someone off a future course of action, your words are not to be taken lightly. If they're a PC and they defy you, they take -1ongoing until they succeed or desist. If they're an NPC, roll+weird. On a 10+, they don't do it. On a 7-9, they do it if they want to but it goes badly. On a miss, they do it and it goes worse… mostly for you.

Some Other Language: when you manipulate someone without speaking, roll+cool instead of roll+hot.

Vulnerable: When another PC helps you, they mark experience and get +1 to the roll.
(?)

Like the Horseman, the Last Child is supposed to be somewhat villainous, inclined more towards anti-hero than hero. Also, its supposed to be more of a team-player and less a lone wolf.