Playbooks for Charity

• 31 Replies
Re: Playbooks for Charity
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
I'm not actually all that stressed out.  I'm just one of those dopes who likes to have options simply to have them.

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
Adam,

If you're a completionist, it sounds like this set-up is ideal for you. Because maintaining a complete collection will be *hard as fuck*, but it'll all be about social sleuthing, and not at all about buying.

And maintaining a complete set will carry so much prestige. In a year, if you have the Maestro D', Faceless, Boar-Hunter, the Slave Lord, the Harpy, the Sea Dog, the Farmhand and the Silent Killer... well, you'll be the only person besides Vincent with them all. Massive prestige that transcends mere buying power.

It would suck for us international patrons of lumpley games... I mean, as long as I am living in Australia I will never be able to justify going to GenCon, or any North American conventions... and Vincent is unlikely to be coming down here, so we won't be picking up any special playbooks of our own. It's a nice thought... if you're willing and able to attend a variety of North American conventions and events... but if you're stuck at the arse end of the world... you'd be less thrilled at the concept.

I'm not stressed, I was just, well, quasi-drunk when I wrote this post.
+++THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Ambition knows no bounds.+++

Rogue Trader: Apocalypse

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 01:12:29 AM »
I took my own advice and cobbled together a Faceless playbook from the material here on the forums, using Scribus, some font sleuthing, and Vincent's AW art technique applied to a Creative Commons pic of Cory Doctorow in a funky mask. Picture proof: http://twitpic.com/2gmea5

It was a lot of fun to make, and looks good! Having made one, I'm desperately trying to think of new archetypes that I find compelling just so I can make more. It's ridiculously satisfying to create something, even if it's a bootleg. :)

(Sorry, I'm not going to share the print file. Doing this for personal use is one thing, but I'm not going to distribute and stomp on several feet's worth of toes. However: I am almost completely unskilled at desktop publishing, so I'm proof anyone can do it with a bit of work…)

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »
I've come up with a playbook idea called "The Golden Child", a few special moves, and something so awesome that I don't want to spoil it here before I come to a decision on the matter. All I need to iron down is the names and look section, really.

So, do I post my ideas to make them available for all and sundry... or do I create an totally sweet and hyperexclusive playbook?

Dilemma!

Bret

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
You should make it so exclusive and secret that only you can play it.
Tupacalypse World

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »
I've come up with a playbook idea called "The Golden Child", a few special moves, and something so awesome that I don't want to spoil it here before I come to a decision on the matter. All I need to iron down is the names and look section, really.

So, do I post my ideas to make them available for all and sundry... or do I create an totally sweet and hyperexclusive playbook?

Dilemma!

Is it actually a child? Please say yes!

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
You should make it so exclusive and secret that only you can play it.

Oh yes, making it "Only one copy in the world" and the only way you get to see it is to run or play the game with me, in person, was definitely something I considered.

Is it actually a child? Please say yes!

Of course!

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »

You know what else there's only one exclusive copy of? Me. Every time someone games with me, they get an exclusive! It doesn't even matter which playbook I choose.

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »
More playbooks = more options = more fun.

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »
More playbooks = more options = more fun.
Agreed!

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »
Hey Adam, I could make you some custom playbooks if you want. Especially satanic death metal playbooks that everybody else would be jealous of even though they secretly know they are not metal enough for.

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »
Hey Adam, I could make you some custom playbooks if you want. Especially satanic death metal playbooks that everybody else would be jealous of even though they secretly know they are not metal enough for.

Write them in Norwegian.  Then we're set.

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »
Between home renovations, raising a little kid, and running a forum in his spare time (not to mention having a job), my Norwegian translator's pretty busy, dude.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 11:32:32 PM »
Hah. And I could lay them out and proof them. But possibly not in Norwegian.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:07 AM »
Can you have them laid out by Thursday?