New Skin: The God

• 4 Replies
New Skin: The God
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B47DgdQMaNxiSjdabHpLMTc1VlU

One word: dramatic. The god is not subtle. He is always delivering godly speeches and doing godly stuff.

I like this one a lot. I would like to see what you people think.

My doubts are for the amount of moves, 8. I know the serpentine also has 8 moves, but I don't know.

Also, the touch with the backstory I find exquisitely funny.

Here is the link for the image:

http://papu-zexion.deviantart.com/art/Rose-Lalonde-God-Tier-270491568?q=boost%3Apopular%20god%20cosplay&qo=115

Please, people, comment.

Re: New Skin: The God
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
This is neat!

I like Miracle a lot, because it plays in to the "Gods get power through worship" angle. Although I don't know if that's what you meant, and a clarifying line about what's happening fictionally might be good.

I'd probably condense Bestow Gift and Bless the Worthy, since they get at the same thing. It could also probably be written in a pithier fashion. Maybe:

When you have time and intimacy with a willing subject, you may bestow your divine favor on them. On a hit, they get the condition "Favored of your name," your choice of +1 to all moves directly related to a particular task or access to one of your God moves, and they give you their choice of something you want, 1 string, or 1 experience. On a weak hit, all that, and also pick one of: you lose access to the move you granted while they have it, you take -1 forward, you are drained, they gain 1 string on you. The gift is revoked when you wish, or when the gifted betrays you or your dogma.

Domain of Power is interesting. I'm not sure I'd have it be a required move, and maybe instead make Domain an appearance-style list ("chose one or more"), so that everyone has to choose to be a god of something, and then make the move "Chose one basic move that's tied in to your domain, and explain why. Take +1 to that move."

I like how the various "Divine" moves encourage over-the-top-ness. I feel like Divine Shun could use both a better name and a better conveyance about what it means to be over-the-top when shutting someone down. Just because it's rolled with Cold doesn't mean it can't be dramatic. People watching should go "Wow, really?" Maybe an overly elaborate or cruel trick, ranting (quiet or loud), threats, vows.

I also like the backstory!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
I'm not sure about the Divine Shun. If you could help me writting it, I would be glad. I will think about what you said. Right now, I'm making the last skin that my rpg group wanted: The Nymph. I think I will be posting it today.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
Man, I was reading the move and I want that Bless and Bestow to be different moves. I think it would be a bit too much wide of a move to have so many applications. I can cut off the bestow from the god's list of moves, but I won't merge them both. It's, for me, just too powerfull.

And yes, the Miracle idea was that of having the faith of everyone.

About the Domain, I will have it the same way of the Ancient's Elder form and the Serpentine True Form. I will make it for you to choose the domain of your god and let free the option for 2 moves instead of 1.

When having a better name for Divine Shun, I will apply the changes on the skin. Do you have any sugestion for the name?

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:37 AM »
I had the intention of making a Skin almost identical to this, so at first I went like: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
But after that, I thought:" Hey, someone else did it, and it rocks! That's great!"
Just sayin'.