Adventure starter - Blackmoore

• 23 Replies

noofy

Re: Adventure starter - Blackmoore
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
Oh Glorious! I just imagined the trio bashing their heads in the 'Clover' as they tried to apprehend the thief, priceless!

The whole body swap / fleeing the execution thing? Genius! And folks say that 'play to see what happens' comes up with lame plots?! Screw that. You couldn't have written a better pre-prepared plot if you worked on it for months of lonely late nights - What a tale!

Your feedback on tightening up the focus is spot on. As with most things AW related, the list of choices / questions are far better for the group zietgeist when constrained and poignant, rather than expansive and liberal.

Great write up and critque, did you make a map? Thanks again MoC :)

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »
This is the AP: Something Rotten in Blackmoore.
Great feedback and fun AP! Thanks. I knew my questions weren't focused enough. Glad to hear the locations and encounters worked.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »
you make a map?

Nope, I suck at city mapping. And a campaign map is not really needed since this was a one-shot.

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
In prep for the Canberra Dungeon World launch party this weekend, and following some good feedback, I've rewritten parts of my Blackmoore Adventure Starter.

I've called this one an Adventure Sparker to differentiate it.

I've added some new tricks but they're all untested. Maybe I'll get to rectify that this weekend.

DW Blackmoore Adventure Sparker

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:58 PM »
I swear I read 'Dungeon Sparkler' the first 5 times or so.

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
That's the next iteration.

stras

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
May I suggest 'Adventure Igniter', 'Adventure Seed' or 'Adventure Spark'?  For one 'Adventure Sparker' is hard to say, and both easy to misspeak and mis-hear.

Regardless, your idea is TOP NOTCH ser.

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »
Cheers! It worked well for our Dungeon World Canberra Launch on Sunday.

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
The things I reworked worked well for me.

I refocused the questions nd they provided some nice drives and links to the city.

I understand objects how Things can fit into a starter. I used a bunch of them at the Launch and they worked great as keys and incentives to future situations, particularly when they click with the directions of the starting questions take.

The Court Ogres were introduced early, in combination with the wonderful hat. I drifted the colour of most elements, but I still consider it an inspiring success.

The rumours came once and led some fun. More successfully was the meddlesome zealot, who I felt I had plenty to work with with only the three tags: judger, obscure, insatiable.

The unknown places, noisome street and the alone in the fog moves worked wonderfully.

Overall, I much happier with the starter/sparker/sparkler. The feedback from the first version was very helpful. I didn't really miss the dungeon moves and goals lists.