Glorantha World ?

• 6 Replies
Glorantha World ?
« on: June 19, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
I'm pondering a conversion of DW to fit one of my favourite settings, Runequest's Glorantha, however it strays quite a bit from standard fantasy rpg tropes.

Most of the character classes would fit I think, cleric as a low powered rune priest / dedicated follower. Reskin wizard a little to fit the setting. Now I'm almost wishing we had the barbarian ( although the druid is awsome ) - might be able a wrangle the ranger as Praxian types.

One thing that's got me thinking is magic - almost everyone has access to some basic forms of magic such as bladesharp to boost damage, a little healing or armour boost.
Would these best be represented as generic moves which anyone could take ?

Membership of a cult is pretty univeral, but I figure that could be represented by bonfs, or maybe an alternative to alignment.

These are just my first thoughts. Any comments ?

Brad

Re: Glorantha World ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
For now?  Only this;

sage

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »
I'm totally unfamiliar with Glorantha except for playing Lord of Dragon Pass (or was the King of Dragon Pass? That one game that got re-released for iOS lately...). That said, here's some ideas:

If magic is that common it should probably be in the basic moves (since basic moves = things everyone can do). You could either make it a specialized Defy Danger or make a new move for it, possibly with the spells available being class dependent. Something like "When you cast magic bestowed by your training" or whatever.

Bonds are a great place to add cults. A bond should probably entitle you to some kind of bonus (maybe only usable one, like "mark off a bond to get aid from your cult as appropriate to your standing...") and an XP payoff ("...and mark XP").

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
lol

no more halflings, only ducks :)

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »
Heh, I'm still new to DW. Having spirit magic ( as the common magic is known, at least in the early editions ) as a basic move would probably work nicely.

Gonna think about this some more now.

Brad

stras

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
Sounds like a hack of a hack sir.  Best get on that! ... >_>

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »
Sounds like a quack of a hack sir.  Best get on that! ... >_>

FTFY