Help me write a good front!

• 17 Replies
Re: Help me write a good front!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »
Sure! But if the impending dooms of both dangers should come true, the result would be the same: Oronx. Oronx EVERYWHERE!

Sure. It's your job to threaten them with it. It's up to them to change the course of things. But given their history with the Order, that's something the PCs aren't likely to want to see come to fruition. Healthy doses of Signs of Doom and their witnessing the progression of Grim Portents should make it enough to encourage them to step in, or deal with the consequences, especially if they're directly affected by being rounded up as one of the heretics, as they were previously accused.
"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)" -- Walt Whitman, Song of Myself

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »
Don't forget - you're allowed to change your Portents and Doom if you need to.  PCs are remarkably good at fucking with the way things are, so when they do that, think about how the Fronts will respond and change the flow!  Leave blanks, if you want to.  It could be;

* Cultists kill someone
* The Inquisition Responds
* ???
* ???
* ???
* DOOM (OH SHIT)

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
You know, I'm gonna write actually those exact words on my front sheet. Again, thank you all very much for the help! This friday we're going on with the druid and I'll post some concrete playtest feedback—along with some AP bits to report what actually happened in this front!
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.