String to everyone

• 4 Replies
String to everyone
« on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:47 AM »
You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.
So every NPC had String on me?:)

SJE

Re: String to everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
I always interpreted that as a String to each PC only, but I suppose you are right since strings can be given to NPC's in char gen.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »
Hey all. I don't mean to necro this thread, but I was just wondering if it's possible for PCs to give out Strings to NPCs during character creation. The post right above this one states that it's possible, but I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to direct me to a page number where this is clarified. Thanks.
If you see my post in your thread, it'll die within 24 hours. You've been warned.

@HyveMynd on Twitter

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
"If there are few PCs, Your Backstory can give Strings to NPCs." Final sentence on page 12.

"Few" is up for interpretation, but what I meant is basically if there are only 2 PCs (inc. yours), then obviously give some Strings to NPCs, otherwise you'll probably run out of characters to point at with your backstory requirements.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, mcdaldno. I'm one of those MCs/GMs who like to know exactly what the rules are before I ignore them and do my own thing. :)
If you see my post in your thread, it'll die within 24 hours. You've been warned.

@HyveMynd on Twitter