Group attack damage in Basic

• 1 Replies
Group attack damage in Basic
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
Hi all! As you can see, I'm brand spankin' new here. Although I've been lurking for at LEAST 3 days, so I feel like you guys are family. ;)

So...I'm planning on running a game this Friday night using the Basic redbook ruleset. (Donbaloo who has posted a few rules related threads here will be in that game).

I feel like I have a pretty decent grasp of most things. As I was listening to the Walking Eye podcast, I noticed that they made some references to group attacks, but the rules they used were never really clear. I assume they may be using the Hack or the Beta set, but I'd like to stick strictly to the RedBook and tweak afterwards if needed. Is there a standard group attack methodology for the Basic set?

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to seeing this play out.

sage

Re: Group attack damage in Basic
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
Groups aren't really dealt with in Basic. My suggestion would be: take the highest damage in the group and add the level of each other monster involved.

For the full game monster damage is now rolled and multiple monsters mean you roll for each and take the highest. I know you're interested in Basic, but I just figured I'd throw that out there to say we do now have a way of handling it.