Sex and the Dead

• 8 Replies
Sex and the Dead
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
Thus far I've been assuming no sex moves for Necrology.  I believe that in Wraith, a ghost's corpus was enough like a real living body to other ghost's that sex was theoretically possible and maybe even common, but regardless, sex doesn't seem like a major part of this game, and therefore sex moves would be pointless.  Right?

If that's right... should I replace the sex moves with something else?  I'm open to suggestions!

Re: Sex and the Dead
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
When a mortal falls in love with you, love move.

The ghost-y genre is all about ghosties reaching beyond the veil and touching a mortal's heart, and having that mortal truly hear them, and fall in love with the past and the potential over the material world.

Yeah?

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »
I think your ideas about Monsterhearts may be influencing your input here, Joe.  :)  I can definitely see love as being a part of this, but I don't think it's necessarily central.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »
I don't have any concrete suggestions on the how of it just now, but that sounds like a *perfect* hole for chains/fetters/links/whatevers to fill.

Something like "when you strengthen you tie to your link. . ." or something maybe? Unfortunately, that's a lot more ambiguous than "when you have sex"

Also, careful, you never know what sort of attention the title of this thread might attract ;)

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
At the moment I'm thinking it might be "when you send and honest message to a living person and that message is accepted and understood," but that's kind of long.  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »
When you are genuinely heard by someone living and breathing...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
Maybe "when a living person is genuinely moved by your plight"? Or did you want the focus to be on for reals, direct communication?

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
I think Joe's wording might work for me.

To me, one of the keys to the "sex moves" is that it's a two-way thing.  In AW proper, the way I interpret it anyway, sex moves kick in when two (or, I suppose, potentially more) people have consensual sex with each other.  I wouldn't have them kick in in the case of rape, for example.

So, based on this interpretation, I'm currently figuring that I want any "replacement" of sex moves to similarly be a mutual thing.  Thus my idea of genuine communication that is accepted.  I, as a ghost, can off some kind of honest message to someone still living, but I can't MAKE the person accept that message.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
I really like your insight into the mutuality of sex moves and wanting to keep that vibe. Awesome!