Spanterhook guild?

• 7 Replies
Spanterhook guild?
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
I purchased the 5$ version of DW, but I can't find anywhere the spanterhook guild adventure, aside from the RedbookPlayBooks.pdf file. Is it available at all? If it is, where can I find it? Tomorrow night I'm gonna play and I would like to run this adventure (from what I've seen in the playbook).
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

sage

Re: Spanterhook guild?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »
The playbook is the entire thing. That's the whole adventure!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
Maybe it's time for me to give up and go play Chutes and Ladders.

Anyway, thank you very much. If it's worth it, I will post an actual play!
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

sage

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
It's deliberately small. There's actually a funny little story behind why it fits in one playbook...

When we were printing these things in batches to hand out with the print edition we found that adding one more playbook per set actually lowered our costs. So we dug up some ideas and tried to fit an entire adventure into a playbook!

It's really more of an adventure seed, I guess, but I've found it fun and functional.

noofy

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
The seed of the Spanterhook has become a whole nefarious organisation in our Dungeon World, now under the dubious leadership of our 8th Level Thief wanna-be assassin Brancino the Petulant (he's a gay Halfling miscreant with nary a noble bone in his britches, but he has all the flowery bards singing of his misdeeds under Phoenix Mountain).

That playbook RAWKS.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
I've been laying clues for my players to see if I can get them to go near the Spanterhook Guild, and on Monday, I'll see if they bite.

D.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Spanterhook should be like Amber, it's somehow in every DW game simultaneously. 

[Actually, I really liked how all the 2nd ed settings had little connections to one another.  I've been trying to work that into my DW stuff...]

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »
Spanterhook should be like Amber, it's somehow in every DW game simultaneously. 

This kind of thing is why we add name lists to everything - it creates a kind of metauniversal characterization to the world.  For every game, there's an Avon and a Battlemoore and the like.