Radiation countdown clock?

• 1 Replies
Radiation countdown clock?
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
I'm trying to put together some rules for radiation and the countdown clock seems like a very obvious choice for tracking how much radiation a character has been exposed to.  It's so obvious that I'm sure somebody has already made one, although a search of the forum hasn't turned anything up.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Re: Radiation countdown clock?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
Hi Nick,

I'm doing something like that for my AW hack called 'Haven'. It's set in a post-post-post-apocalyptic world where the world is tainted with necros and swarming with undead creatures. Everything is tainted and there's a lot of radiation-like analogies in how the rules work.

Players have a 'Corruption' Countdown clock and a stat called necros (you could replace with radiation). I then just made two custom moves:

Corruption: whenever a player enters a breach, is touched by the Dead, uses hideous strength or open your brain, mark a segment on his corruption countdown.

Corrupted: when your corruption countdown hits 12:00, roll+necros. On 10+, you gain two from the list below: one chosen by you and one by the MC. On 7-9, choose one. On a miss, nothing happens. You’re lucky this time.
  • You’re changing. Replace one part of your look with something deathly. If it’s all deathly, you’re Dead.
    You’re stranger. Gain +1weird (max +3)
    Your mind’s slipping. You must act under fire whenever ___.
    You’re weaker. Take a debility.
    You understand now. Gain +1Hx with someone who’s mystic
    It won’t come off! Gain +1necros (max +3)