Fronts on the home front?

• 1 Replies
Fronts on the home front?
« on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
Hey all, I am interested to know how other people find their games progressing.

All of my fronts are external from the Hardholder's hold. A biker gang, a warlord in another town, a foreboding landscape, etc.

But the player's tend to spend a lot of time in the hold interacting with NPC's there. So a lot of drama is unfolding there. More so, in fact, than with the entities that constitute my fronts.

I am fine with this and am allowing new fronts to appear that exist solely within the Hardholder's hold.

So this is more of a style question. Do you have the same happen and how do respond? Do you forcefully interject your external fronts into the hold? Or just let the internal-to-the-hold fronts grow and take center stage?

Chroma

Re: Fronts on the home front?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
I am fine with this and am allowing new fronts to appear that exist solely within the Hardholder's hold.

"Home front" doesn't mean "all the stuff at 'home'"... it means "threats without a fundamental scarcity/dark future"...  so you should feel free to have threats within and outside!

The holding could be brimming with threats...  the the Fear of the citizens (Brutes: Family),  the Hardholder's gang's Ambition (Brutes: Hunting Pack) clashing with the NPC "doctor"'s Ambition (Grotesque: Pain Addict), so say nothing of people always slaking their Thirst at the local watering hole (Landscape: Maze)... and the woman who supplies the booze and drugs (Warlord: Collector)... and each of these can tie into a Front with Threats that are external as well...

To say nothing of all the various Afflictions that can be used in a holding!
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES