Passing

• 9 Replies
Passing
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
Everyone can go to high school, or college, or Jackson's Pit, or wherever it is that kids go these days. Everyone looks just normal enough that they can pass for just a teenager.

Witches often dress like goths and pagans, and someone Actually saw Jemma bring a dead frog to school 1nce, OMG like for real. But Jemma can still go to algebra class without being burned alive or arrested.

Fae are often dainty, with narrow features. They often have this "rainbow child" thing about them, and According to Max, when he was dating Lilyth, she wanted to strip naked and fool around in the middle of the woods, like wtf, who does she think she is, Queen of the Hippy Sluts? But, fae can go to the movies on friday night, just like you and me. People are weirded out by Lilyth, and the other women view her as this unknowable threat, but whatever.

Mitch is a dumb jock. That's all there is to it. He must be taking some weird sort of steroids or something, because people often find crazy shed hair in his gym locker, like how can one person even grow that much hair?

So on.

Re: Passing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »
What about ghosts?  Are they assumed to normally be physical and visible in some way?  Are they possessing people, manifesting physically in the world and pretending to be alive, what?

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »
Well, if we go with the premise of 'everyone can go to high school', then yeah.

Elenore was the type of girl you just plain overlook. All the time. Like she wasn't even there. And then if you bump into her on accident, it's like you killed her dog or something. Jeeze, emo much? And what's with the granny dresses? Hasn't anyone told her the '60s thing is so over? But she gets chided about not turning in her essay on The Grapes of Wrath just like anyone. Only maybe the teacher says it more like an afterthought, like he doesn't even care either. What's up with that?

Bret

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
More Skin-related bitchy teenager quotes please. These all need to go in any text.
Tupacalypse World

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
More Skin-related bitchy teenager quotes please. These all need to go in any text.

Agreed. Jump in and write some.

Beth is a normal girl, from a normal family. Well, sure, her family has problems, but every family has problems. The thing is, take a look at the friends she keeps. Like, what the fuck, right? They're weird, and scary, and most of them aren't even from around here. What, does she think she's better than everyone else? Does she think she's too good for normal friends?

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
Psssh.  Clearly Beth isn't as normal as she seems.  She must be fucked up, if those are the best friends she can find.  I mean, what the hell?  Like she's so messed up she can't related to normal people any more?  What's wrong with her?

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
The thing about Will, I just can't stand to be around him.  It's just so tiring, like he sucks all the energy right out of you.  I mean don't get me wrong, he's dead sexy, it's just I always end up feeling like there's something else he needs from me.  And someday I'm just not gonna be able to resist.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »
Bam! Thank you, you glorious motherfuckers.

To do: Infernal, Ghoul

Bret

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:50:31 AM »
Needs more bitchy!

Ugh, Lucy had to cancel on going to Ringwald's with me again and says she can't because she owes somebody a favor. That's always her excuse. And have you noticed she's started smelling like smoke all the time? She's turning into some kind of druggy pothead, and just wait until she finds out I'm not inviting her to my birthday party.
Tupacalypse World

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 01:18:01 AM »
Man, what the fuck's up with Joey? Any time he fucks up or does something stupid, he talks about the people back home and how he owes them. What's he in the fucking Mafia or something? Where the hell is he from, anyway? Whatever. It's just dumb shit now, but it's been getting worse, and he's gonna end up in jail. Or dead. But fuck him, serves him right. As long as his fucking family or whoever doesn't tell him to mess around with my girl, you know? Haha.

--- How's that for the Infernal? As I recall, the Infernal is all about drawing on someone, and then owing them, and you've gotta maybe do what they want. Just an idea. :)