Going in with the Beta - RAW?

• 2 Replies
Going in with the Beta - RAW?
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:43:52 AM »
I’m starting a 9 week run of DW at our local club tomorrow night.  It should be interesting – it’s a good crowd and the players ranging from indie-friendly to the tradest of trad.  I think only one of them has signed up because of the rule system – I guess the rest have been sold on my pitch of old school adventuring.*   I’m going to be using the 1.1 beta rules.  I’ve been through the threads and seen suggestions here and elsewhere but are there any moves or rules that have been officially or semi officially/by consensus replaced since that release?  I feel like I’ve read so much stuff around the game lately that I’m starting to lose track!  The only one that sticks firmly in my mind is the revised monster creation guidelines. 

*I did make it clear that we weren’t using old school rules.

noofy

Re: Going in with the Beta - RAW?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
G'day Kamawell! 9 weeks is a great amount of time to put the Beta rules to the test. The rules are great as is.
Play RAW (with the revised monster suggestions) and make some notes after each session if you feel like it and let everyone know how it went! I'm sure Sage and Adam would appreciate the feedback.

The first session is always fun no matter what due to the AWESOME chargen system, numerous hooks embedded into the playbooks and the bonds created. Ask lots of questions, re-incorporate lots and start with action tied into whatever the players author into the chargen.

Get back to the forums after your first session if you have any queries, especially as you begin to develop your Impending doom, fronts and dangers. We'd love to help!

How many players have you got?
What fantastic ideas are you bringing to the table?

Have fun :)

Re: Going in with the Beta - RAW?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »
Yup - 9 weeks should give it a good run.  It's the way the club runs - two month slots, pitch a game on the forum and see who signs up.  I've got 5 players which I know is a stretch but that's the minimum I can take and still take up a table - space is limited in our current venue.

I've got a starting set up - a town that thought it had sorted a problem out itself but just made stuff worse - just to kick things off for what remains of the first session but from there on in I'm just going to see what come out of character gen and the answers to questions and take it from there.  The only thing I know is that I want to try push the fantastical levels up a bit from the staples of low-level adventuring - I've done enough orcs and goblins for a while!

I'll certainly post my progress here.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:44:06 AM by kamawell »