Using gang independently from weapon?

• 5 Replies
Using gang independently from weapon?
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »
Hi all, can a hardholder use her gang and her gun as a weapon in one round? In other words, can she make two attacks in one round: one with her gang and one with her gun?

Or does having the gang attack assume she is attacking as part of it?

lumpley

Re: Using gang independently from weapon?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »
In one what? What do you mean by a round?

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
We are playing by post on rpol.net and so each player is making a move (or doing something else) and then I am collating results, making any of my own moves and then its their turn again.

So in this case, one "round" would be the player making a move and then waiting for me to collate and make my own moves back.

But I was also wondering about what would happen if two PC's fought. If the Hardholder attacks the Gunlugger, can the Hardholder hit with the gang and her gun each time the Gunlugger hits with just his gun?

Or does he Hardholder need to choose either the gang or the gun?

Thanks for the response!

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
the game doesn't have rounds as part of it's basic play.  So if you are adding rounds in, it's really your call.  Play it however you see fit.

However, if you are saying that the players should make one move and then wait for a response, it seems to me that those would be different moves: One move would be about the hardholder attacking with his gun, the other him attacking with his gang.  But that's all about what is happening, fiction-wise.
My real name is Timo

lumpley

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
Sometimes the hardholder can do both, sometimes has to choose. Go with whichever makes sense to you, case by case.

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »

I don't have the book on-hand, but does the hardholder really 'attack with his gang?' I feel like mostly he has to make a move if he wants his gang to do something dangerous -- and he only does that once -- and then the gang goes off and does... whatever the gang is doing. So if there's a battle and the Hardholder is like 'yo gang dudes, go fuck up that Gunlugger' and makes his roll, then they go do that. And if then it turns out the Gunlugger is kicking their asses and the Hardholder wants to go help, then he can go do so, but meanwhile the gang and the Gunlugger are all doing whatever it is they would be doing.

The gang is made up of NPCs, who are people, who hold their own counsel and act as their own people -- except when the Hardholder bosses them around (which sometimes requires a move.) If the Hardholder makes a point of saying that he is sticking/fighting with his gang -- which has its benefits, particularly in the not-getting-hurt department -- then that's something else he does, on a case by case basis.